Poll

Which do you use most... Side stand or center

Side
8 (34.8%)
Center
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Side stand or center  (Read 3066 times)

glopezz05

• View Profile
Side stand or center
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
Well since my last poll is off and running (thanks for the input!) I thought i'd try another.

I use my side stand 99% of the time.

How about you?
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

ts1

• View Profile
Re: Side stand or center
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:10:50 PM »
The Xcitings side stand only for intermediate/short parking, but usually center stand.
Our Doodo and MP3 have no side stand.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »
center stand I sometimes for get to put my side stand up at take off and scrape pavment.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »
Short time, side... overnight or more than a 30minute parking, center stand.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 03:50:15 AM »
Side stand 99 percent of time.  Center stand when working on it, sometimes.  Xciting 500

scootermaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 04:15:51 AM »
I use my center stand most of the time, especially when there are other people around or it's real windy.  I always fear someone will accidentally bump into my scooter with it on the side stand and knock it over or a stiff wind will blow it over.  I'm not gonna lie either, I have taken off on my scooter before and accidentally left the side stand down (oops) and fortunately didn't do any damage to the scooter or even worse, cause me to have an accident when it hit the ground.  To me, it's just much less risky overall to use the center stand.
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:37:42 PM »
Center stand 99.999999999999999% of the time. P250 scoot.

I don't trust side stands. I use the center stand to warm the bike before riding, every time... as we discussed in the other thread.

squeeble

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 03:45:44 AM »
Side stand if it's for a short time, centre for long periods or warming it up. 

TPococke

• Pueblo, Colorado United States
  • "Life is Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 11:24:05 PM »
I use the side stand all the time unless I am parking on uneven ground.
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 01:52:40 PM »
  Center stand FTW! 

Why?

Because it seems most parents are ok with letting their kids climb on a parked scooter (I am so serious - 3x now)!

I'd much rather take a second to throw it on the stand than to risk coming outside to a squished child, a scratched up scoot, and a hysterical (albeit inattentive) parent.  That could ruin a good afternoon!  LOL!

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 02:42:23 PM »
Excellent point. 

OLDRIDER

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
I use the center stand always. I learned the hard way. The first daqy I picked up my 500 the dealer had the side stnd too tight. I thought I put the side stand down and dropped the scooter right on my ankle. I do not dtruct side stands.

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »
  Center stand FTW! 

Why?

Because it seems most parents are ok with letting their kids climb on a parked scooter (I am so serious - 3x now)!

I'd much rather take a second to throw it on the stand than to risk coming outside to a squished child, a scratched up scoot, and a hysterical (albeit inattentive) parent.  That could ruin a good afternoon!  LOL!

That is absolutely horrible!  I can't, and at the same time can, believe that there are people out there who let their children behave like that. 

I don't have kids but I'd like to think that I have the respect for other peoples property and the situational awareness to never, ever, let my children do something like that.

I would have been punished if I ever tried that sort of thing.

Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

mudfreek

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
i use my side stand all the time unless im working on it  i acualy remove it so i can kick start it easier
ehh brakes are for sissies

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
That is absolutely horrible!  I can't, and at the same time can, believe that there are people out there who let their children behave like that. 

I don't have kids but I'd like to think that I have the respect for other peoples property and the situational awareness to never, ever, let my children do something like that.

I would have been punished if I ever tried that sort of thing.

I don't let my kids do such things, I think it is kinda rude to let them for the reasons you mentioned.  But really, they don't do any damage.  Apparently, kids think scoots are pretty darn sweet. 

I've asked lots of people at Bike Week with scoots if my kid could sit on saddle up.  They've always said yes and are happy to show off their ride.  I think the asking is the important part.  HA!

I've told the kid wranglers that, for safety reasons, it is prolly a bad idea to let their charges run amok.  However, I haven't had the heart to usher the kid off if they're having fun.  ;D  I'm growing the scooter community from the grass roots!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()