Author Topic: Ignition system problems  (Read 985 times)

mjcharger

• View Profile
Ignition system problems
« on: February 19, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »
Can anyone compare these results to a working bike? Does anyone see anything wrong

I'm still having problems with my project bike and have started looking into the ignition system. Using an agility 125 repair manual I'm following its steps on how to troubleshoot the system.

I started at the CDI computer and measured the voltage going through the black and yellow wire going from the CDI to the Ignition coil. The voltage I get coming out of that is 4.8 volts with just the key turned on, and bounces between 7.5-8.5 volts while i'm cranking over the engine. Is this standard? I can't measure resistance with the multimeter I have.

Then working up to the Ignition Coil, the resistance between the ignition coil and the end of the spark plug wire is 8.48 kili ohms. Resistance from the end of the spark plug cap to a ground is 8.5 kili ohms. Voltage coming out of the spark plug cap when cranking the motor is around 20 mili volts. (THE REPAIR MANUAL SAYS RESISTANCE SHOULD BE BETWEEN 7~12KΩ)

I measured the resistance from the blue/ yellow wire that goes into the pulsar coil. When I connected that wire to the ground right next to the starter, it measured 6.45 ohms. Voltage was 7 mili volts. (THE REPAIR MANUAL SAYS RESISTANCE SHOULD BE BETWEEN 80~160Ω, SO SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT)

I know the pulsar coil/ generator stuff is weird, but I wanted to try everything just in case.

Someone please help. My brains fried so I think i'm going to ride one of my other scooters and calm down Sad

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()