Author Topic: New Agility 125 Owner! Few questions on lights and upgrades.  (Read 4243 times)

Branndon

• View Profile
New Agility 125 Owner! Few questions on lights and upgrades.
« on: September 08, 2008, 04:37:08 AM »
So I picked up my first scooter Saturday morning, it's a Kymco Agility 125. Anyway my wife said the turn signals aren't that bright when she followed me, and my head light wasn't the brightest either. I know on cars you can just swap in new bulbs and call it good. Is that true with my scooter? I've read things here about something called a "Stater" or "Stator" which I don't know what it does, but I think it regulates the power.

Are there aftermarket headlight bulbs I can get? How about LED Blinker and Tail lights?

Oh, also after searching here, there doesn't seem to be a rev limiter on the 07 Agility 125's, am I correct in that? Thanks!
Branndon

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
Re: New Agility 125 Owner! Few questions on lights and upgrades.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 03:03:51 AM »
Congrats on the new scoot.  i got my 125 back in May and the first (and only) mod I had to do was with the lights.  Unfortunately, there is not much you can do with the bulb on this model.  The type of bulb and socket used, does not have any upgrades that I know of (and I searched a lot).  My plan was to convert the socket to an H4, but is was not possible due to the housing on the Agility.  I did find an upgraded bulb, but it made no difference in the light.  The problem is with the design of the reflector.  Whatever bulb you put in there will not matter because the entire assembly was not designed good in the first place.  The stock bulb is a Phillips and I would save your money.

What I ended up doing was activating the "side marker" bulbs that are next to the main head-light bulb.  I tied them together and than tapped into the wire that supplied the low beam.  The bulbs were already there but not activated.  My thought was that this would at least help with my front visibility only (helping me be sen by the idiots on the road...more then letting  me see better). These little bulbs were the original turn signal indicators.  Then I installed a driving light that I bought at the local auto parts store (Pep Boys).  Nothing fancy...but a white light that is wired to the battery via a relay and separate switch that I can activate whenever I need a real headlight.  The wattage must be kept to 55 watts or below.  The electrical can handle this additional load with no issues.

I will supply some pictures as soon as I get a minute to upload them.

Other then the style of this scooter and the headlight...I really love it.  It has been a great ride all summer and I am amazed at the power this 125cc has.  I have owed many scooters in the past and this one is up there as one of my favorites.  The seat storage (or meta box as per the manual) is the largest I have seen and can handle 2 gallons of milk and then some.

Be safe and good luck.

Kris

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 03:16:57 AM »
Here are some shots of my scoot with the headlight mod...

Branndon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:52:48 AM »
Thanks for all the help! So there isn't even a LED that I can swap in for the tail light? That sucks. It looks like a pretty normal light, but I can't be certain something else would fit there. Thanks for the pic of yours. Would be nice if I could have gone all LED and a brighter headlight. What about the flashers that allow the headlight to flash similar to a police bike. I hear those REALLY get people's attention and are a good mod.

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 01:22:40 AM »
I am sure there is a LED for the rear out there somewhere.  I have never looked into that though.  The flasher thing would certainly get attention...that is for sure.  Sorry about the small pic...I had to keep it within the limits of the forum.

Ronin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »
The LED bulb that comes with this helmet lamp ("Riderlight 2" has the bulb!) fits my Agility perfectly, and is much brighter than the stock incandescent. Even if you don't use the strip of LEDS for your helmet, this is a cheap way to upgrade your taillamp. I think that the new taillamp bulb has 8 LED elements...

http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm/terms/14330

American Science and Surplus is an awesome place to shop for goofy stuff.
Ronin
Agility 125/Bajaj Legend 150

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()