Author Topic: Like 50 Seat lock cable  (Read 1228 times)

ajbettencourt

• View Profile
Like 50 Seat lock cable
« on: February 20, 2011, 11:39:44 PM »
I have a 2010 Like 50.  Today, after a great ride, I went to stow my helmet under the seat, and upon turning the key to lift the seat, I heard a loud snap.  Now when I turn the key, I am unable to lift the seat as it stays locked.  I do hear what sounds like the end of a cable rattling around up near the actual latch, so I am fairly certain the cable has broken or come loose from the latch.  Anybody have any idea how to get the body panels off of the Like 50 so that the cable can be inspected/changed?  I looked at a service manual and the first step in removing the body panels is to lift the seat and remove the met-in box.  I need a work around since the seat can't be lifted.

Thanks.
John

spr0k3t

• View Profile
Re: Like 50 Seat lock cable
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:13 AM »
That's going to be a tough one.  I think you have to remove either 3 or 5 bolts of the met-in box to get the plastics out.  Might be time to take the bike in to the dealer.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
you may be able to see up the side of the CVT or the muffler side and determine where the cable broke and if there is a small piece of cable to pull on with pliers to unlatch the seat.  If the plastic as are like my bike, you cannot remove the plastics without taking the seat and bucket out first and you cannot remove the bolts for the bucket from the outside. 

ajbettencourt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
Yes, the plastic body panels cannot be removed without access to under the seat.  I have looked for the cable, but it is not visible from below.  Going to the dealer tomorrow.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()