Author Topic: Beware the shutter ignition switch lock  (Read 17646 times)

desliderman

• View Profile
Re: Beware the shutter ignition switch lock
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
You know, I've never tried mine.  Good insurance and a hefty weight to the scoot makes the shutter seem like overkill.  Though, I do use the column lock.

Scoot safe all.

Don in KC.

skypilot58

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
I recently fell into the design trap of closing the shutter....I happened to close it with the wrong side of the key (the silver "open" side)...now I cannot get the shutter open....the scooters is broke down besides....I need to have the scooter towed...if I cannot get the "shutter" opened "nice" I will be forced to get "mean" and drill out the shutter or worse....What a FUBAR!....Any new insights?

kcs

• Xciting 500i R
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 02:52:57 PM »
Hello,

I'm kinda new here (been reading for a while, but writing for the first time :) )

I also made that "mistake" that everyone else appears to make: closed the shutter.

There was only one solution for me (apart from buying new lock-set): I fully disassembled the shutter part.

For this you have to take down the front cover molding, and there is a small screw on the locking mechanism on the right side if you watch from the front. After removing that screw, the shutter can be removed by rotating clockwise (if I remember well), and can further be disassembled for cleaning.

I made a mistake with that one also: the small magnets flew away, so although my shutter works now, it can be opened with any shutter-key. (but that is an information, that only I'm aware of :) )

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 08:13:08 PM »
I simply drilled mine out. Slowly, carefully, then filed it smooth and threw away the shutter key.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()