Author Topic: anxiety/nervousness or what before a ride!  (Read 3680 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Re: anxiety/nervousness or what before a ride!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
Syl if fine, thanks. Your words are well taken therefore I don't feel alone when getting on the saddle! Of course in PA with some of the road condition's is another thing to think about and watch for. Pot Holes are notorious and the smaller the wheels the more dangerous even the small holes become. This darn  weather though, today: Rain, Freezing Rain, Snow and Rain again. Temperature 33.6 degrees.

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 07:04:38 PM »
You are right about the potholes here in Pennsylvania, Syl. And be advised, since I take it that you are fairly new to riding, that the roads won't be the same in the spring like you left tham in the fall. Cinders from the anti-skid material thrown in the winter, frost heaves, and yes our famous potholes will abound. Coupled with rusty riding skills after a layoff requires getting used to being back in the saddle with your eyes open .

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 09:08:52 PM »
One of my problem's and of course haven't been riding that much, is I tend to stiffen up at times and I try to stay loose. I guess I'll learn much as the riding time goes on. Changing the subject, I got my wheel hub for the trailer and the rachet tie down's. I've taken a lot of advice from people on here and the only thing I haven't been able to do is to get the bike to the dealer for several thing's to be checked out....(weather). Is there a chat room/area for any of this Kymco post's? Sometime's one would like to discuss back and forth some of the presentation's that come up. Still hoping I can find a Kymco owner close to my area for a Kymco buddy to discuss pro's and con's. Sometime's that bother's me a bit that they are so few and far between.

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 10:35:12 PM »
  No worries Syl - PennDOT will be by to overfill those potholes in the spring and leave you with a challenging and exciting mogul field.  LOL!

A few good rides and you'll be right as a trivet, Syl.

In order to help, try setting your pointer and middle on top of the brake - It is always a good idea to have the brakes covered while riding anyway - The bonus is, you won't be delivering the Darth Vader Death Grip to the bars. 

jmccoach

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
Love those PA potholes! We got our share here in Berks County. You know you hit a good one when you check the mirrors and no longer see whats behind you. More like whats on the ground because thats where they face. Ouch!

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 09:03:01 PM »
And always turn on your lights before entering a PA pothole.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()