Author Topic: anxiety/nervousness or what before a ride!  (Read 3675 times)

Syl

• View Profile
anxiety/nervousness or what before a ride!
« on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »
I admit I am a newbie to riding a motored two wheeler which I nerver was with a non-motored two wheeler so I have to ask! Does anyone else get that anxiety, nervousness, excitement or what when you helmet up, place on the golve's, push out to a starting position and all, I do! Once I go a block or so it seems to go away and all of a sudden I am really enjoying moving out on my own and on my scooter! I really am a Scooter Rooter of course and wonder what other's feel on count-down!

ts1

• View Profile
Re: anxiety/nervousness or what before a ride!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »
Last time when I made my the practice examination (motorcycle driving license).
Next to last, when I parked my 50cc scoot (our legal limit with a car license) and got on a HD sportster for the 1st hour in mc driving school.

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »
i have been riding 8 months now and must admit i never get nervous, excited, anxiety, nothing. i look forward to it most of the time, but don't feel much anything like that one way or another. although for around my first 500 miles of riding, i did.
scoots!

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »
Used to... now my emotions go into giddy, excited, kid in a candy store type feelings.

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »
4 wheels can move the body, Syl - 2 wheels move the SOUL!  ;D

I still get excited to ride on a particularly nice day while gearing up.  More important to me, however, is:  No matter how foul my mood may be on a bad day, or how many worries I may have - 2 minutes into the ride and it all just slips away.  Unlike passive riding in a cage, 2 wheels is active and engaged.  The fresh air, the wind, the sun (and unfortunately the rain HA!) - You feel and experience it all.  I've never stepped of a bike or a scoot in anything but a great mood.

There doesn't seem to be much a little 2-wheeled therapy cannot fix!

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
Great.....am not alone even with the Sr. scooters!. Ok, so now I am geared up, warmed up, and......a decision....which way do I go today and where do I really want to go. is it going to be clear and warm all day...if so I'll pick someplace more distant. If the weather looks questionable....a short distance and maybe go around twice but in a different direction! Nice day, I'll go down to the park along the river, pull into the park, take out my camera and watch the river rat's etc! I am a certified diver so I enjoy the river but haven't dove for years. Been a UFO Investigator for 2 1/2 years and always carry my camera! Oh Yes, I did shoot a contraversal pix of an Unidentified Object in the sky while at a night football game. Had a long lens on and even with that the object was questionable. Back to Anxiety, I was trained for night sniper in the M.P.'s and even though it was training only, I felt a bit of what some of the men go through today for full sniper training. Getting off beat here but with each ride, I'll also carry binoculars. Occasionally, I put my licensed weapon on my person depending on where I go.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »
I admit I am a newbie to riding a motored two wheeler which I nerver was with a non-motored two wheeler so I have to ask! Does anyone else get that anxiety, nervousness, excitement or what when you helmet up, place on the golve's, push out to a starting position and all, I do! Once I go a block or so it seems to go away and all of a sudden I am really enjoying moving out on my own and on my scooter! I really am a Scooter Rooter of course and wonder what other's feel on count-down!

I do, but not because of the scooter - it`s because I have to go to work with it.  >:( :-X :'(
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
My first ride on the 50cc then the 150cc were very nerve filled. 

now its a sense of relief and freedom that washes over me.
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 04:28:19 PM »
I started riding again last year after a 32 year break.  For the first few weeks, yes, I got that nervous feeling but, as you say, after 5 miles or so, it went away and changed to calm elation.  ;D

TPococke

• Pueblo, Colorado United States
  • "Life is Good!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 06:17:04 PM »
When I first started scootin' I would get a little nervous before I rode. Now I can't wait to get on the road.
Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
My first ride on the 50cc then the 150cc were very nerve filled. 

now its a sense of relief and freedom that washes over me.

Could it be Holy Spirit?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »
I don't know!  I know that I look for every excuse to ride and I'm tring to figure out how to get my scooter down to south padre island when I go this summer.

NewKymcoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »
I don't know!  I know that I look for every excuse to ride and I'm tring to figure out how to get my scooter down to south padre island when I go this summer.

Same here.  I am always looking for a excuse to ride my scooter. I am sure my wife does not mind since I am always willing to run to the store to grab random food or what not for her.

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
The gf loves riding with me. She gets giddy, then when we ride she gets a little scared if I take the turns and curves leading out of our apartment complex a little too fast. But she settles in nicely and enjoys the ride.

petertucky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 11:03:56 PM »
Actually Sylvester........, may I call you Syl.   My feeling is that a littler anxiety nervousness, anxiety is not only natural, it is a good thing.  Like any good performer, adrenalin heightens your senses, and tightens your performance.   On a scoot it hopefully heightens your awareness of what others are up to, since many brains simply fail to recognize scoots on the road at all, especially when texting, talking, or applying lubriderm to the bottom of your foot.
Petersburg, Indiana

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()