Author Topic: Back Post Interesting Reading  (Read 1002 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Back Post Interesting Reading
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »
I went back to read some earlier post's and one that was interesting is "Just Wondering How Do You Defend Your Bike Against Theft"? Some different ideas in there and further, something to think about when it comes to repair's.

Syl

• View Profile
Re: Back Post Interesting Reading
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »
Maybe a sign on the box would work...Something Like: VENOM EXTRACTOR, Caution, Live Contents!

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

I wouldn't worry too much.  The DT300 is too heavy for 2 guys to lift, and it is hardly worth the risk for the $5600 MSRP.  Not when there is a Modified Haybusa or a Custom Chopper nearby.  You can part out stock & performance parts for $$$$.

Full coverage runs me under $150USD a year - I haven't a worry leaving it anywhere.

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 09:25:16 PM »
Honestly, nothing can be done to prevent theft by motivated and prepared thieves. All cables and chains can be cut or frozen/broken given the proper tools. A heavy bike could be loaded to a lift gated truck, small ones can be placed in a pick-up truck in moments.

Insurance and making your bike less attractive to a thief (lock/cover/etc) are your only practical choices.

petertucky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:11:43 PM »
Smearing dog fec** on the seat and handlebars has always worked for me.  Thieves always head to the next one.  Course it does hurt the aesthetics of the scoot a bit, and might hurt trade in value.  Plus my wife will never ride with me.

Seriously, I wonder if that fake stuff from novelty shops would help at all.   Just place it on your seat when you leave.

Just thinkin out loud here.
Petersburg, Indiana

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 05:14:47 PM »
Well maybe attach a side-car and take our pet Roth where we go!

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 06:57:12 PM »
You could attach a sign that says, "Caution-Owner has HIV".

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()