Author Topic: Agility 125 Gas Cap Replacement?  (Read 2463 times)

MrKymco

• View Profile
Agility 125 Gas Cap Replacement?
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:31:05 AM »
Hi Guys

Well I have a bunch of questions about DIY maintenance and real life service intervals, but I am going to save those for a separate thread in the GD forum.

This ONE question is quick and easy, and my dealer is closed until next week so I thought I would ask here, as I have indeed googled all over and checked the manual and have come up with nothing.

What is the size gas cap I need for my Agility? I am pretty sure I could order one from the Kymco site if need be, but would like one by tomorrow and would like to not pay upwards of $30 for a gas cap. So if you can tell me the size or link me to a suitable, low cost replacement that would be great.

Also, a "one size fits all" would be ok if there is such a thing. I am hoping to be able to run down to a local hardware or auto parts store tomorrow and snatch one up for around or under $10, but want to make sure I get one that fits well. Doesn't have to be perfect, but I am tired of smelling gas coming from my scooters rear end.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:32:58 AM by MrKymco »
scoots!

axy

• View Profile
Re: Agility 125 Gas Cap Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »
Hi Guys

Well I have a bunch of questions about DIY maintenance and real life service intervals, but I am going to save those for a separate thread in the GD forum.

This ONE question is quick and easy, and my dealer is closed until next week so I thought I would ask here, as I have indeed googled all over and checked the manual and have come up with nothing.

What is the size gas cap I need for my Agility? I am pretty sure I could order one from the Kymco site if need be, but would like one by tomorrow and would like to not pay upwards of $30 for a gas cap. So if you can tell me the size or link me to a suitable, low cost replacement that would be great.

Also, a "one size fits all" would be ok if there is such a thing. I am hoping to be able to run down to a local hardware or auto parts store tomorrow and snatch one up for around or under $10, but want to make sure I get one that fits well. Doesn't have to be perfect, but I am tired of smelling gas coming from my scooters rear end.

Thanks!

Again, scooterpartsmania... a few bucks.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

mjcharger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:13:26 AM »
I just measured my gas cap and the top of the cap diameter is 5.4cm wide, 1.1 cm thick. The bottom of the cap that goes into the tank is 3.0 cm wide and 2.0 cm deep.

I'm not sure if its because Kymco is Chinese, but my metric calipers work really well for all the Kymco stuff I measured.

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 08:35:52 PM »
thanks for the replies, guys. i shall be hunting one down, soon

thanks especially for those measurements. very nice to have :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:40:12 PM by MrKymco »
scoots!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()