Author Topic: Uh oh, she's going down! Oh no! Whew!  (Read 1399 times)

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Uh oh, she's going down! Oh no! Whew!
« on: March 09, 2011, 05:18:39 AM »
It finally happened -- I knew it would. . . I dropped my dear Xciting.  The good news is, not a scratch!  Ha! 

I stopped at the end of the driveway to get my mail.  Getting back on, I decide to just sit on the letters while I scoot back to the shed.  While getting situated, I find my right foot wont touch ground cause it is dark and there's a hole where I want to put my foot down.  Slowly we tip over.  My foot finally finds the ground and I struggle and only succeed in letting the scooter go down slow, but at the end she does hit the ground and I tumble out of the way.  Good thing, though, my driveway is just grass and earth and it had rained the day before making the earth and grass soft.  Praise be to God Almighty!

I've been smelling a funny burning sort of smell whenever I ride since.  I wonder if some oil or fluid got in somewhere it shouldn't be?  Like the air filter?  I'll have to check it. 

jan.strydom

• View Profile
Re: Uh oh, she's going down! Oh no! Whew!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
Lucky........................... :-X

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
Mine came of the side stand at the gas station less than a month after getting it. With the scratch on the right rear panel from original shipping, I ended up replace all the red plastic except the hand rail and that little tail piece between the hand rails on the back... AND the left mirror and brake lever. Allstate paid for it except for the deductible. :-)
Rick

BradleyT

• Cape Town, South Africa
  • My two-wheel mobile armchair...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 03:04:57 PM »
Lucky........................... :-X

Jan Strydom sounds suspiciously South African.... ???  ;D
...everything will look better when the sun comes up...

My Twitter:  scooterbrad

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()