Author Topic: Main Jet Size  (Read 2051 times)

natemeade

• View Profile
Main Jet Size
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »
On my Agility 50 I have cut the CDI, put in a Malossi Variator with 5 gram rollers, put in a white Mallossi torque spring, and 1000rpm clutch springs.  I just ordered a #85 main jet, will this main jet work without me having to do anything to the air box or the exhaust? 

oswaldters

• View Profile
Re: Main Jet Size
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »
I take it you also derestricted the drive boss?

You'll have to do plug chops once you change the main jet and see how the new jet is working out.  Typically a #82 is used in a derestricted scooter that hasn't had exhaust or air box upgrades.

Then again, each scoot is different and a #85 is in the ballpark so it might work fine.  If you're not sure about what a plug chop is do a search on this site and there is plenty of info. about that.

natemeade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:23:09 AM »
Yes I have de restricted the drive boss too.  So if the #85 does not work would I need to go down to a #82?

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:28:09 AM »
If the #85 is too rich than you would want to go down in size, but like I said a #85 might well work fine.  Give it a shot and do your plug chops and you should be fine.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 01:09:04 AM »
let us know how the 5 grams rollers worked out for ya I put 5.5 in mine so I like the take off and the top end is good too but if I find better ill try that too. as long as the front tire stays on the gound.lol

natemeade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:56:42 AM »
Well I actually got 5 gram Dr Pulley Sliders.  I have been riding with them a couple days and really love them.  Great acceleration, did not loose much top end, and hills are a piece of cake now.  I would highly recommend  Dr Pulley Sliders as well as the 5 grams.  I also just received my main jet in the mail today and it says 88 on the side and not 85.  So I think I was sent the wrong jet size.  I will still try the 88 but with my stock air box and exhaust, Im doubtful it will work.  Guess ill see....

natemeade

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
Ok so I finally got the 85 main jet installed.  Runs great, only issue is when the scoot is at idle now.  The idle will drastically go way up or down.  Any ideas why this would be happening? 

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
adjust the idale screw and you should be fine.

natemeade

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 04:53:01 PM »
Tried adjusting the idle screw up and down and still does the same problem.  Idle goes way up where scooter is shaking, then way down where it almost dies.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: looking for help, please! having bogging issues with zx50
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
Check for vacuum leaks.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()