Author Topic: Really Bad Weather Here in PA....will it ever end?  (Read 1403 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Really Bad Weather Here in PA....will it ever end?
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:40:45 PM »
You Scooter's in the good climate area's, I envy you. This winter has and still is down right NASTY. Since November 2010, we have had snow that didn't melt until 2 week ago, cold, wet, snowy weather since than. Yesterday, rained on and off all day, today rained all day, went to 54 degree's and now at 46 degrees at 5:30 PM with rain going to change to snow tonight and 4-6 inches by morning....with definite flooding Pittsburg Warf area, creeks all around flooding, water in basement's coming through the wall's due to saturated ground. It seems like Spring will never get here and hopefully this is not an indication of what the summer may bring. I'll have to trailer my scooter South to warm climate just to ride it! Either that or invent some sort of top for it to ride in the rain! Disgusted Here

NewKymcoFan

• View Profile
Re: Really Bad Weather Here in PA....will it ever end?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:36:20 PM »
Sorry to here that.  Hopefully the weather will get better for you soon.  I am lucky enough to live somewhere I can ride all year round. ;) 

hexnut

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:47:51 PM »
--------------
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:57:40 PM by hexnut »

NewKymcoFan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:04:16 AM »
Wow crazy!. When I lived in snow Idaho I would ride my scooter at the beginning of winter but once the snow started to really stick my scooter got stored for the season.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:06:05 AM »
The weather in Philly sounds a little better than on the other side of the state. I've only had one week this whole year where I could commute to work, but that was pushing things. Last thursday was probably the coldest ride of my live -- at least 25 degrees to start off on, making it around 10 degrees with the wind chill. Fingers were (felt) frozen after 20 minutes into a 30 minute commute. Still, it was awesome. Nothing like heading out at the crack of dawn before rush hour and you have the road to yourself.

Today it's been raining all day. Given my schedule I could have used the scooter, but had to take the car. Had to waste money on parking too. Tomorrow it will be in the mid 50's. Looking forward to enjoying a good ride somewhere. I just hope spring doesn't jump into summer with the hellish humidity.

-Wolf

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »
thats sweet now I hope the gas prices dont go up to high.there up to 365 now buy the time summer hits it well be 450

Dale4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »
  I'm also from PA...Pittsburgh to be exact.I really have the bug to get out too but it doesn't look good. I figure in about 2 weeks it will be time to put the battery in and start using it occasionally. I have the agility 50 and only put 300 mi on it,changed roller weights 2 weeks ago and need to see if it helps.   see you around town   Dale

hexnut

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »
----------------
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:58:09 PM by hexnut »

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »
Temperature went up to 58 lte today and of course went out for a much awaited run about with my new toy! It was a great feeling and was not cold with the type of jacket, helmet, glove's and shoe's I chose to wear. I have to add here that I shouldn't complain about the little thing such as the weather after hearing and seing what the Japanese people are going through. My wishes and the very best to them during this terrible devastating time.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()