Author Topic: Could someone point me to a CVT belt  (Read 1740 times)

htcneil2

• View Profile
Could someone point me to a CVT belt
« on: March 11, 2011, 10:29:36 PM »
I would like to be able to find a CVT belt seems as though mallossi is back ordered or no longer makes one.

TechGuy

• View Profile
Re: Could someone point me to a CVT belt
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:20:48 PM »
Have you tried your local Kymco dealers?

Also try some of the online Kymco dealers.. like Stadium.  I like the OEM belts for Kymcos.  They seem to last longer, with fewer issues.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 03:27:11 AM »
Yeah, my local Kymco dealer happened to have one in stock.  $196 approximate. 

Also you could order a Gates at a local auto parts if they're a gates dealer.  Use the Gates dealer finder on their website -- then call a few to see if they're willing to order it for you.  Gates belt # PL30071   Between $30 and $40. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 03:28:48 AM by Hoolander2 »

ecm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »
I'm new on the forum, and came across several threads about the Gates PL30071 belt fitting the XC 500 here - I need a new belt (18K miles), but can't quite choke down the $192 price tag (plus $200+ install) right now. So, I'm resurrecting this thread (hope that's good forum behavior at this site) to get more info on this belt - I want to ask anyone who is using one of these belts on the 500, any comments? Durability? Installation issues? Gotchas? I don't want to install one of these and then have it shred in a thousand miles.... I do a lot of highway miles at 70-75MPH; not the time to have a belt go wrong. Thanks for any info!
Colin.

jimd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »
After reading this forum I have decided to keep my x500 bone stock.  I am now waiting for a new belt to come in to my Kymco dealer to have it put on along with roller weights and tires. ( expensive yes but I feel it will be worth it)  I will have about 14k on mine when I have the work done, but since I needed tires anyway I just decided to do it all at one time.
So I dont have any experience with the belt you are asking about, but there are some horror stories on this forum about after market belts and problems.

JENNY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 12:08:53 AM »
I HAVE BELTS IN STOCK, OEM AND AFTERMARKET, WHICH ARE PRICED RIGHT.  IF INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT JENNY  AT  717-453-7265
OR PICKUP73@COMCAST.NET

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
After experiencing a few expensive problems with after market parts and mods, I am partial to the stock parts too. They last longer with fewer problems.

A tech guy at my local dealer summed it up this way: making mods is cool if you're willing to keep a close eye on the scooter's mechanical parts. The factory stuff is designed to be as maintenance free as possible, while performance mods need lots of tech support.

My own experience with my '07 cost $1800 to correct.

Having said that, I would like to know your experience with the Gates belt.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

Dr. Scooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:22:37 AM »
I have the Gates belt installed now and have no issues with it. In fact for the price I love it have about 3500 miles on it now and it looks great I am very hard on my bike.
2007 Kymco Xciting 500

Modding a scooter is a beatiful thing!

grouchysmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 05:32:27 AM »
My Gates belt lasted 3,000 miles before it shredded and left me standing on the side of the road.  I have a Malossi in there now, but have not gone far enough to really compare them.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()