Author Topic: My Kymco Agility 2008 - From frustration to pure joy! :)  (Read 1472 times)

fjoerto

• View Profile
My Kymco Agility 2008 - From frustration to pure joy! :)
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:18:57 AM »
Since i have used this forum a lot, i want to share my story to give something back  ;)

I bougt a used Agility -08 here in Norway and the day i bought it was -1 and snow.
When i asked this private seller if it was quick/good to start he said yes, and when i pushed the button....it started.
But of course the seller had warmed it up before i came to visit him, so no problem to start at all.... so next time i will feel the muffler if it`s warm :P

But anyway, bought it and drove it 25 km to the ferry to my island. I had to wait about 25 min for the ferry and then when i tryed to start it up again no luck....
So i just rolled my scooter to the ferry, i was just thinking that i forgot to turn on the choke or something (did`nt know so much, a scooter is just a scooter right? ;)
Then when the ferry almost had arrived my island, i tryed again, started up 5 min before and it started....but no power.... so i rolled the scooter to shore...quite embarrassing, since people at the ferry had talked about how nice and good looking the scooter was :P

So now i got a scooter that is no use for me, happy times! :P

I started to read in this forum, then i started to understand a little more about this little machine of a scooter.
First i changed the spark plug to a NGK C7HSA (original Champion something), then the fuel-filter, main jet (from 80 to 86), changed the boss variator and weight to 4.7 g. I adjusted the carburettor also, because the previous owner had fumbled with it.
So now the scooter takes about 1 min to fire up and it goes about 70 km/t!!! Happy times!  ;D

woodcutter

• View Profile
Re: My Kymco Agility 2008 - From frustration to pure joy! :)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:56:38 PM »
Are you running 86 jet with stock air filter?

fjoerto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
Yes, but I considering to change it to K&N filter....maybe you have any experience with this?  :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:53:14 PM by fjoerto »

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
I have no experience with this one.
I think is't the best to buy a set of main jet's and try wich one goes the best with the K&N.
It's important not to run on lean mixture because of famous hole in the piston.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()