Author Topic: Turn Signal's DT 300i  (Read 882 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Turn Signal's DT 300i
« on: March 23, 2011, 08:45:46 AM »
Went this far with my DT 300i (total about 200 miles driving) and never noted or looked at turn signal's. On page 7 of the owner's manual it show's #14 as TURN SIGNAL'S left and right. If this is in fact what they are, they do not and have not worked. The signal's on the mirror's work though. Tried everything to see if they work once this was noted and as said....."no work". Another thing to add to the every growing check list.

Whisper

• View Profile
Re: Turn Signal's DT 300i
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 01:06:41 PM »
Hold off on that one Syl!

The turn signals in the headlight unit are fake chome bulbs, and the wire is cut and capped - The placement of them doesn't meet US standards.  That's why the DT300 has turn signals on the mirrors.

HOWEVER, the harness has a pin for it.  I'll verify if it is live tonight.

Those are the bulbs that I am replacing for my LED daytime running lights.  Las night I uncapped the wire and ran it to a bullet connector.  Tonight I have to tap one of the other wires - Probably for the 'angel eye' LEDs (Gotta verify voltage in) and wire in a switch.

In short - That is 100% normal, Syl - It is just setup to meet American specs.  If you look at the Yamaha Magesty, they do the same thing - Disabled the sexah European integrated signals, and stuck hideous stalked ones on the side. 

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »
Thanks Whisper, you answered better than the sales person! We weren't sure. I wrote on Kymco USA and filled in the questioneer and included a paragraph describing the hammer drill sound and action. Well, I type it all out, sent it and it was taking a good while than all of a sudden a white screen popped up reading the web-site could not be found. I am just not having any luck or gain from this purchase yet!! I don't know, sales don't know, service don't know, Kymco Rep. don't know, E-Mail didn't go......don't want to say what I am thinking......

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »
I'm surprised at how little info the shops have on the scoot.  All the DT300 specific stuff is covered in the service manual.  That makes me a bit sad.

I know I have been failing at it, but Syl - Is there any way you can take a movie, or a sound clip of what you are hearing/seeing and post it somewhere - Even youtube would be fine.  Then we could get a 'DT300 owner consensus' on whether something is off, or if it is normal, like every other unit?

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »
Well, there's really nothing rocket science-y about turn signals, guys. The specifics aren't in the service manual for the different models (the Earth vs. USDOT) because they're dead stupid simple to figure out. They're wired up to a different location to meet USDOT and NHTSA requirements, that's all. The service manual also will not mention the little orange reflectors on each side near the front. or the little red ones on each side near the rear, for the same reasons.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()