Author Topic: Help a newbie out on a couple of mod questions.  (Read 1140 times)

sanantoniozx50

• View Profile
Help a newbie out on a couple of mod questions.
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:22:02 AM »
Hi everyone, new kymco owner here! I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Everything on my 04 zx50 (2 stroke) is stock expect for cdi and the rollers which I changed to 7gram and it gave it awesome improved acceleration. I ordered a TECNIGAS NEXT R  and it should be here soon! I have a few questions though.

I'm not sure if the technigas comes with clutch springs, but if it does not, which type of clutch and torque springs are best to use? Red, blue, yellow?

Second, I want to upgrade the air box, and I have noticed that a few people have k&n filters on their bike, but I have searched and can't figure out where on earth to fine the type of k&n filter my zx needs!

Third question. I heard the engine is the same type as the honda dio, but that that include the carb, and the CVT? And when searching for dio parts what type of dio?

When I upgrade my air box, what number jet should I set it to?

So many questions, but I appreciate it! thanks guys!

KymcoGuy50

• View Profile
Re: Help a newbie out on a couple of mod questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 06:40:50 AM »
... Third question. I heard the engine is the same type as the honda dio, but that that include the carb, and the CVT? And when searching for dio parts what type of dio?

When I upgrade my air box, what number jet should I set it to? ...
The type of engine is the same between the zx50 and the dio.  There are several changes though.  The zx50 is a long case copy that allows for the 12" rear rim.  The tranny gears are different.  The dio is actually a line of motors made by Honda, starting with the af18.  Some people call the af16 a dio but it is not a true dio.  There are more differences like the 10mm versus 12mm piston pin.  I just can't remember it all off the top of my head, try a search.

The jet needed will depend on the exact upgrades and your climate.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: Help a newbie out on a couple of mod questions.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:06:58 AM »
That pipe usually doesnt come with any springs or rollers.. A few more mods and i'd try some malossi 2000 clutch springs.  ;).. 1500 will be good now. malossi white 1000 main spring.
My cone shaped air filter was gotten at any cycle shop or the internet. several places sell the k&n.I'll see if i can find a link for you.
Yeah, kymcoguy is right.. I think it's actually the AF18E that the zx engine is cloned after.
01-02 zx's used the 10mm pin,03-04 uses the 12mm pin(which are alot stronger)
Yep, the jetting will depend on your home turf. #88 may be good. Plug chops will answer that for you. ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()