Author Topic: wont start  (Read 1628 times)

bmcafee

• View Profile
wont start
« on: March 27, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
Hello,
I recently installed a 81cc head and cylinder and I think that there is so much compression now that my starter can't get it moveing due to insuficient power. I also didnt get the kick start lever with the bike. I am wondering if any of ya'll have ever ran into this problem. and what that I could do. either by finding somewhere that sells the kick start lever. or a more powerfull starter. please help.
Thanks.
Brian

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: looking for help, please! having bogging issues with zx50
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 08:25:32 PM »
A kickstart lever should be easy enough to get, but in the mean time you could try charging your battery, or better still get a larger battery. After installing the 82cc cyl. on my zx I had to get a larger battery.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

bmcafee

• View Profile
Re: wont start
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 03:27:09 AM »
That was my first thought was that the battery had been drained from the scooter struggling to start the day befor and only running for a few minutes maybe the alternater didnt charge the battery enough. So I hooked it up to my brothers car with jumper cables and still no go there is just way now. I will try to see if I can find a kick start lever and at a shop here in town.
Thanks Sid.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: looking for help, please! having bogging issues with zx50
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:57 AM »
Yeah, that sounds like your starter motor is not strong enough. If your local shop doesn't have one, there are on-line shops that sell them. As I am posting from my phone, I cant post a link, sorry.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 04:34:07 PM »
My starter was also too weak to spin the motor fast enough after I added my BBK.  I just did away with the electric start and only have a kickstart now.

bmcafee

• View Profile
Re: wont start, kick start problems..
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
I picked a used trans cover since the one that came with the scooter was missing the peice that holds the actual gear that makes contact with the center of the fly wheel. but There is an issue with spaceing now it will not release as if there is not enough room so one you push down on the kick pedal it stays down unless you pry it back up and I am afraid that is I were to get it started than it would just break my new/used part any advise? oh can anyone tell me how much tread sticks out of the nut that holds the fly wheel on when tight maybe that is the problem. Many thanks in advance.
Brian.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 01:03:53 AM »
this is why I tell people dont up grade to much it does more harm then anything. I have been watching guys on here also that up grades there scoot to much and now they are haveing trouble. Dont mean to sound mean about but thats just the way it is. you can only do so much and have a long lasting scoot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()