Author Topic: People 250 Seat Won't Open  (Read 3025 times)

leilaninoel

• View Profile
People 250 Seat Won't Open
« on: March 30, 2011, 04:54:05 PM »
I have a 2006 People 250 that I bought used. I had it parked for the past couple months (I'm not brave enough to ride during NE winters). It started up fine any everything, but for some reason now I can't access my under seat storage - it just won't open! When I turn the key to unlock it I hear it try to, but I can't lift it up, it's just stuck.

I searched the forum, and found problems related to closing it, but not opening it when it's stuck closed. Does anyone have an experience with this type of problem, or any recommendations for getting it open without breaking it? Or should I not risk doing more damage, and just bring it to a dealer/mechanic?

Many thanks in advance!

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: People 250 Seat Won't Open
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
You can try pushing down or hitting it near the center-back of the seat (where the latch is) while also turning the key to the unlatched position. Sometimes mine will get a bit balky, and I have to do that on occasion.

If that doesn't work, have a dealer look at it. There's a cable that can get stretched out to the point where it just won't pull the latch any longer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()