Author Topic: super 8 or 9  (Read 2335 times)

pmoneysuper850

• View Profile
super 8 or 9
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:11:12 AM »
 :D New memner here retaining all the good information in this forum.
I am about to purchase a 50 cc , any suggestions?
Scooter will be used for local rides (gym, grocery store etc.).  Any input / feedback ,will be greatly appreciated.

What are the speeds on the stock 2011 super 8 /9?

I live in Mass. reason i want  a 50 is to avoid getting a motorcycle license.

thanks

mudfreek

• View Profile
Re: super 8 or 9
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »
ive got an 08 super 9 and bone stock it does about 35 40 as far as the super 8 the 4stroke does around 30 as far as the 2 stroke super 8 im not shure
ehh brakes are for sissies

pmoneysuper850

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:52 AM »
Thanks, i appreciate your feedback. Decision decsions  lol

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:16:54 AM »
GO WITH THE TWO STROKE (MORE PEP )---I HAVE NOT SEE THE 2011 SUPER 9(IF THERE IS ONE) BUT THE SUPER 8 IS OK BUT BIGGER
ALL STOCK

pmoneysuper850

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:11:27 AM »
thanks  guys!  i bought  the super  8!  woooo
now  whats  my  first modification?  or  first step  to making this machine  faster?

thanks again

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
get rid of the variator boss drive restriction. do a search in this forum for a tutorial. probably in the how-to section. drive safely. your bike is unsafe with the restrictions that are on it-no power, so you have a harder time getting away from trouble. funny how the government is trying to make it safer for scooterists by making the bike slower. they should restrict the escalades and expeditions instead. might as well get ready to take your mc test because you will want more power by the end of summer. :D

pmoneysuper850

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 03:21:48 AM »
lol  thanks!
i am currently trying to research  things on the variator, roller weights, free flow air filter and  the washer and other piece that came with scotter( drestriction pieces). do you know of anywhere or website i can buy an after market variator and air filter? is the "Bush" also the wame thing as the variator? after i do these things then i will go for the cdi wire.

thanks again hope to hear from you soon

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »
STADIUM YAMAHA HAS PARTS
ALL STOCK

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Wish I would have seen this before the purchase, but too late now.
I have the super8 and have been searching for the holy grail of making it faster.
I didnt have the shouldered drive boss restirction so that was a waste of time.
I can tell you that I went to a free flow air filter and a #85 main jet.  The thing runs great now (sound and stable)
However doesnt give you much more speed 40+ on the scoot but GPS verified at 36.3mph top.

Get some 5 or 6g Dr. Puley (or cheaper alternative) sliders to notice a ton more pep.

Also make sure you pull out your CDI (in the battery compartment) and cut one of the two pink and violet wires  that will get you the best MPH benifit

Finally I recommend a battery tender because the clock on this thing kills the battery if you dont drive it every day.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()