Author Topic: Many questions, one post - S8 150 restrictions/maintenance/specs/mods/more  (Read 8526 times)

dudley

• View Profile
Re: Many questions, one post - S8 150 restrictions/maintenance/specs/mods/more
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
Well?
2010 super 8 150  red/black
bought march 2011
4000 miles march 2012
dr pulley variator w/stock weights
top speed 61.5mph  gps verified

bilyum

• Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 04:30:30 AM »
Kevin,
I think the best investment would be on the drive train (kevlar belt and heavy duty clutch and or variator).
The best performance gains seem to come in this area.

I tend to agree with you on this issue.
How many miles do you have on the 'sup' and have you replaced any parts yet?
Later
bilyum

Kevin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 08:52:59 PM »
Hey Wally,

Any word on that install? Just hoping you didn't pop yourself in the face with that clutch bell and take yourself out of the game.   :(

Here's hoping you're just too busy riding to post up in here!!

Thanks!
--Kevin
'09 Kymco Super 8 150 Blue 'n Yellow - first two wheeled street machine, of many to come...  :D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 12:06:38 AM »
Hey Guys! I just found this thread. SOUNDS GREAT!
To post an "avatar" you need to re-size the pict to 94 k or something like that. http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html  There are lots of free re size programs. For installing the Contra spring...
   This is a little info
  This is how

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrscooter

• View Profile
I've been so motivated by this post, that I'm about to do a bunch of upgrades, though I'm befuddled by roller weights. I live up at 2000 feet in the mountains, and the main highway's at 3000 feet. My wife and I ride together, combined weight 260lbs. We're always going up or down. Down, we're topping out just below 70, and up, somewhere between 50 and 55 though we get there SLOWLY. We could use a bit more top end so people don't drive OVER us on the downhill, and MUCH better acceleration and topend on the uphills for the same reason. We're looking at getting a Dr. Pulley Variator (can't find naraku's at the moment), kevlar belt, 2000 rpm clutch spring, new jets (45 and 115), a dual flow unifilter, and lighter rollers...and that's where we're getting confused. We need to climb better, but don't want lower top-end speeds. The stock appears to be 13g for a 2009 Super 8 (though I could be wrong). Do we go 10, 11, or 12 gram and why? Thanks to everyone for this awesome string, and let me know if you have any other suggestions! Oh, also going with 35 watt bulbs to see if we can stop outdriving the lights. Our super 8's got 15K miles on it, runs like new, and we love her!!!

dudley

• View Profile
Install the dr pulley with your stock weights and ride it.
I think my rpms went up a bit.
Then decide what to do next.
Usually best to do one mod at a time.
2010 super 8 150  red/black
bought march 2011
4000 miles march 2012
dr pulley variator w/stock weights
top speed 61.5mph  gps verified

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Install the dr pulley with your stock weights and ride it.
I think my rpms went up a bit.
Then decide what to do next.
Usually best to do one mod at a time.
Exactly! wait for the results on the clutch BEFORE getting rollere
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrscooter

• View Profile
I like the advice, but until I learn how to do it myself (I'm not historically great at motor vehicle work), it's cheaper to have a mechanic work on it once, rather than several times. (It costs between an hour and two to get in there), which is why I want to do what I can in one move (and why it's driving me nuts to decide...gotta make the right chess move).

I do admit confusion after looking into this further. Is there a difference between a roller and a slider, is one up front, and one in the back, and do they both do different things or change things differently?

Thanks again!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()