Author Topic: Grinding / Vibration  (Read 9215 times)

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: Grinding / Vibration
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »
How awkward - It was the missing rubber piece on the center stand. Such a small thing that I missed all the time looking for loose bolts, screws etc. Somehow I cannot believe that a vibrating center stand can make such a noise and vibration. But it did.
Well, at least I installed new 13.5 gram  roller weights. They do seem to work nicer than the original ones. I'll find out more tomorrow when I ride to work...
;D ;D

That's awesome.
I never figure it could be that since I lost my rubber too recently, but it doesn't make any noise!
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

doms

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
I have checked it on my scooter. Since recently, I have a similar vibration and sound at about 55 km / h or more. Scooter goes well. When I ride uphill at high throttle, but less than 55 km / h do not hear anything. If I drive down the hill with no throttle (speeds over 55 km/h), also can not hear anything. Just heard on a straight road at a speed exceeding 55 km / h. Really strange.
I think the problem is not in the machine because it works well. Good to hear. Perhaps something in the transmission? The point is to be heard at a speed exceeding 55 km / h and a straight road. I do not know what to go on watch. I feel a strange vibration and sound similar to the description of the previous posts.

I have 5500 km on a scooter. 3.5 years.
Kymco Agility City 125   (R16)

kanbisk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 12:44:43 AM »
I have 3000km 2008 model   ;)

LATERS
Agility 50 4 stroke 2008

Emil

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 12:55:13 AM »
So did you check if that rubber boot thingy on the center stand is still there? If you're not too scared you can also reach with your left foot and press the center stand a bit down while riding. So you can hear/feel if there is a difference. Be careful though.

Emil
(2009 model, almost 15,000 km)

doms

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:02 AM »
Yes I checked the stand. I think everything is normal. I tried to press with foot central stand in a run. However, the sound and vibrations are still there. Something else is the problem. I feel vibrations on the seat and the back of a scooter. Only at speeds exceeding 55 km / h.
Kymco Agility City 125   (R16)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()