Author Topic: About the Hammer Drill Noise I talked about  (Read 871 times)

Syl

• View Profile
About the Hammer Drill Noise I talked about
« on: April 10, 2011, 12:27:07 AM »
Visited the dealership today, had one of the mechanic's drive and check out my definition of the Hammer Drill action (as I defined it) in my DT 300i. It was said to be normal and with the power of this engine added to this, again, said to be normal and for me not to be concerned about it. I still don't have 500 miles on it, 270 right now. Some noise in the front end when on some small repeating bumps possible is the cable hitting...not sure yet. Doesn't sound like a metal noise at best definition. Mechanic never drove one of these yet and experienced and stated, this has very much power! He was very nice in spending time with me as we talkd about this unit. Spoke with my sale's rep. and said a couple more of these DT 300i's have been ordered. Further, which I should post in the appropriate post but.... I found that the Kymco 300i Quad is altogether a different filter than the DT 300i. K&N Filter's sell a MXU-300i filter for the Quad also not yet for the DT 300i.....yet. More I ride this DT, the more I like it. I find my jacket & Helmet couldn't be any better. Oh and instead of cycle boot's per say, I purchased a great pair of L.L. Bean Gortex boot's....most comfortable for me.

Whisper

• View Profile
Re: About the Hammer Drill Noise I talked about
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
Those boot will make you much happier.  Sport Bike boots aren't too fun to walk in.

I still can't believe the mech dinna open the variator cover.  =P  Did you mention the grabbiness of the clutch?

As for the suspension, the noise can be anything.  I can't imagine you are bottoming out the front end.  You WOULD NOTICE that, and the front end on the DT300 seems pretty stout.  When do you hear it?  Stopping, deceleration, or just bumps?

The wiring inside the cowling is REALLY well done and taped up.  I doubt it is a loose wire.  Could be the brake line.  It is stiff and braided - quite normal. 

You could do what I do - Put in some earbuds, and hook into the iPod.  That helps protect you from hearing damage, as they muffle the outside sounds.  And the music is great.  ;D  Haven't heard any weird engine noises - Or really ANY engine noise since using them.  HA!

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
I think what you're hearing is the variator engaging, i'd never ridden an automatic before and was concerned at the rattling noise when i gunned it. As for vibration! i fitted Dynabeads in the stock Chen Sh*t tyres (tires) and it was a lot smoother, but i don't trust them in the wet!
p.s mines a Ag. city 125

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:34:12 PM »
Whisper, I failed to bring that grab up again but have it in mind for sure at the 500 mile. Thanks, and I will remember what you said. At certain speed's, when getting off the trottle and than redoing the trottle even as easy as you can, it grabs. Not a smooth transition from no throttle to slight throttle at all.....again grabs.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()