Author Topic: De-Restricting: Where Do I Start?  (Read 1613 times)

KymcoN00b

• View Profile
De-Restricting: Where Do I Start?
« on: April 10, 2011, 01:53:45 AM »
Hello all,

Well, I've had my Agility 50 for about a month or so now and it's been great.  Only a few complaints -

• The cold start - it takes about 3-5 minutes for it to really get going.  I've tried to ride it anyway until it gets full power but it'll just sputter or sound like it's "flooding" or bogging out until it's ready to go and warm.
  • Secondly, I bought a kryptonite monster lock with the NY chain and the thing weighs right at 10 lbs.  Well, when I go somewhere I store it in the seat compartment and ever since I've got it I've noticed the scooter feels like it's lost a bit of speed.

So, my questions are, where should I start?

I don't want to completely upgrade everything, and I'm a bit limited tools-wise.  So what is the easiest thing to do that would give me some much needed extra boost?  Would it hurt the engine overall or negatively affect another aspect of the engine performance?

Any help would be great!

blue

• View Profile
Re: De-Restricting: Where Do I Start?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 12:37:43 PM »
just do the normal up grade. go with a 82 jet and change the drive boss and cut the cdi box.
all this can be found under the search in the fourm if you need help. this should bring your scoot up to 45 to 50 miles a hour. if you dont like the take off and the top speed go with 5 or 5.5 rollers.

Dale4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:23:23 PM »
I have an agility 50 with the cdi cut ,new drive boss and new 5.5gr rollers and I average about 35-38mph. I weigh 210 lbs. I would also like a bit more speed,40-45 mph would be perfect. If any of you have an answer for this,please let me know.  ps I have a #82 jet in there also

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 12:48:25 AM »
try a little extra air in the tires.

KymcoN00b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »
Thanks for your responses blue...

I'm can't find all the steps in one thread though so if you know could you help me?  I'm wondering could I just disconnect the one CDI cable for a little bit of boost and not do any of the other things without hurting the engine?

Secondly, should I be able to do the rollers, variator, jets, etc. with just the basic tools (screwdriver, wrench, etc.)? 

And third, if I tried to do the cdi, variator, rollers, jets, etc. to de-restrict I literally have no idea where I'm supposed to find these things.  I don't know what I'm looking at and can't find any diagrams or examples anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 01:15:50 AM »
the cdi box you have to cut the box your self .and the variator you would need a impact wrench.But there are other ways to remove the nut.it just takes some know how. youtub  is my friend when it came to this. go to youtub and typ in variator remove from a gy6 moped same for the cdi box and what ever you my need help with.jets in the carb you can do your self thats easy.

greagle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 01:22:02 AM »
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=3622.0

With the help of these fine people, I got a service manual with exploded diagrams and pictures on Ebay - bought it - and took it to Kinko's and had it printed up in book format. 

I really just started working on my scoot today, I am a super noob myself, but the manual is helping allot.  My putt died on me on the way to work this morning as if it was not getting gas, got it home - went to work, got home from work and took it apart down to the gas tank and my fuel tap is 99% clogged, I would not have been able to get to that without the manual. 

PM me and I will see if I have the diagrams you are looking for - just let me know.

Good Luck and happy riding.

greagle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 01:50:04 AM »
http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/kymco-agility-ncygy6-50ccperformancetransmissionkit.html

I found the above kit on MonsterScooterparts.com - Has anyone bought and tried out this kit before?  Thanks in advance and it maybe what the OP is looking for.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()