Author Topic: Wouldn't it be nice?  (Read 1718 times)

docjones

• View Profile
Wouldn't it be nice?
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
If we here in the good old U. S. of A could get all the models of  scooters that Kymco offers? I realize this is next to impossible but if you look at the corprate Website they have so many really cool scooters that we don't even know of here that it is rediculess. My point here is that they don't even make a 250cc scoot anymore but our dealers here in the U.S. are still selling 250s that are 2 years old. What gives? Does the factory just stick the U.S. with all the old leftovers. I think they do because the U.S. has been so slow to get on the scooter bandwagon. How can we get Kymco U.S.A. to get us some of the really cool stuff? I'm just asking.
09 Agility 125

Agent Bob

• View Profile
Re: Wouldn't it be nice?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:25:48 PM »
I think a lot of it has to do with the time and expense to meet U.S. emission requirements etc., in other words, red tape.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »
How can we get Kymco U.S.A. to get us some of the really cool stuff? I'm just asking.
Buy, buy, buy!

Not even the Italians get all the stuff, only a few selected models and with 1-2 years delay.
But the few Italians in their tiny country buy more than 10000 scooters per year of one specific popular model (Tmax, SH300, ...)
Compared to your vast land with its transport distances and service difficulties you should buy at least 100000 Xcitings and 100000 Downtowns and ... to become Kymcos 2nd class (1st are Taiwan and Japan, Kymcos domestic markets) too.
Just now, USA is about 4th class (imho) in scooters. (But 1st in weaponry.)

BTW, don't underestimate emission requirements in very populated countries like Japan and Europe. Both nations can owerflow the USA with modern vehicles (Honda, Toyota, BMW, Daimler, ...)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:33:01 PM by ts1 »

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 11:23:39 PM »
Speaking of the Italian's. I don't know that's why I ask here...... Is the Vespa worth all those buck's? What make's them so expensive. To me they are strictly a scooter that I saw in the movie's year's ago with Audrey Hepburn and what's his name!!
How big do those scooter's get? I guess I can go search the web but just too lazy!! I know I am very happy with my 300i...Downtown and hope it is solid enough to last a good while...$5,299.00 is much buck's for a fun toy at this point!
I enjoy the solitude to go where I want on it and stop where I want, no pqarking problem's, no power problem's. Comfort..well from 1 to 10..1o the most comfortable....I say 8. Handling, as a newbie..I find it very nice handling ability. Look's, I get many...hey nice bike voice's from the populous! People guess, not knowing much about scooter's as I...the cost is about $8,000.00. Isn't this what a Vespa would cost? Is N.C. the biggest Kymco USA Center for knowledge etc?

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »
I've ridden some modern Vespas, and they are indeed very nice... smooth, so little vibration, even at WOT. I think the metal body absorbs a lot of the vibration that our plastic-bodied bikes do not (or even add to, from sympathetic vibration). Top speeds aren't as high, cc-for-cc, though -- the weight-to-power ratio on the 4-stroke modern CVT-equipped Vespas is generally a bit lower than your average comparable Kymco, SYM, Honda, et al.

But they're nice... and the paint is incredible, really. When I win the lottery, I'll probably get a GTS 250 or GTS 300.  ;)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:36:51 PM »
Or maybe we get only the ones that sale the best.

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:39:48 PM »
Or maybe we get only the ones that sale the best.

It's not even that. I can't figure out the whats and whys, but now that Kymco has 100% interest in KymcoUSA, I would not be surprised to see a different strategy in the U.S. (witness the coming of the People GT 200i and 300i for 2012).

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 12:30:53 AM »
I know some of the honda and yamaha Dealers are saleing kymco here in michigan now.I can get parts a lot easy now and that a good thing. But to get theam to work on the scoot might be a differnt story.

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
I know some of the honda and yamaha Dealers are saleing kymco here in michigan now.I can get parts a lot easy now and that a good thing. But to get theam to work on the scoot might be a differnt story.

Shouldn't be a problem, but if it is, PM me with the dealer's name, and I'll motivate them.  :)

Kymco dealers have full access to the service manuals, technical bulletins and whatnot... and the bikes themselves aren't really any different from anything else they work on, save some of the body panel removal.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 12:41:08 AM »
Shouldn't be a problem, but if it is, PM me with the dealer's name, and I'll motivate them.  :)

Kymco dealers have full access to the service manuals, technical bulletins and whatnot... and the bikes themselves aren't really any different from anything else they work on, save some of the body panel removal.
sweet thanks for the infoe most the the time I do take all the plastic off just to safe laper time.

docjones

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 01:11:31 AM »
Hey jprestonian, what do you hear about those new models, I haven't heard anything. I'm thinking of a new 09 Grand Vista but with some new product to look forward to I just might wait.
09 Agility 125

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 01:24:49 AM »
Hey jprestonian, what do you hear about those new models, I haven't heard anything. I'm thinking of a new 09 Grand Vista but with some new product to look forward to I just might wait.

Haven't heard anything to report, really -- just got the bulletin today (even though it's been out there for about a month!).

When I do hear, I'll post more info.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()