Author Topic: Need help finalizing my tuning thoughts  (Read 4947 times)

blue

• View Profile
Re: Need help finalizing my tuning thoughts
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 10:40:25 PM »
If you are getting 45mph on an a50 and not having any mechanical problems I would leave it be , you are within 2 or 3 mph of the machines capability . If your a50 is not fast enough you might be better off with a scooter or motorcycle that better suits your needs . Good luck .

x2 dont fix whats not broken.

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 11:00:54 PM »
Streido you so have the setup that I am searching for.
I just dont think its possible with this POS super 8

Fastest looking slowest scooter ever made

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 11:39:58 PM »
I feel your pain, its annoying when you cant get it how you want it. Ive been messing about trying new things for 3-4 months now. Its just all trial and error. Once I am happy im getting the best out of mine I planto swap out the rollers for sliders and that me done. Not going down the bigger cc route, prefer a bigger bike instead. I use it every day to travel 9-10 miles to work so im just finding a good all round setup that suits my daily journey best.

Almost there now, think when my 1500 fly springs arrive and if I fit 6g rollers/sliders im there. From that point on any mods I do will just be cosmetic to make it look even better. Ordered a digital rev counter today, 2"x2.5" I think, to mount on my dash so I can see exactly what my engine is doing too, didnt cost much at all. I was surprised how cheap they were. Want a new Leo or similair exhaust too maybe in a few months, no more major mods tho, im pretty happy with it and dont want to overcook it then ruin my engine.

Resolve, if it was me I would buy a clone race variator, I got mine off ebay for £18, think thats under $40, been using it for 4 months or so now and its still all good.

Maybe fit variator, lighter your rollers by 0.5g-1g and put in a 1000rpm torque spring. These 3 cheap and quick mods done on a derestricted a50 should leave you happy enough.......for a while anyway ;D

I really want a bike next year if I can get the cash and time to do my test, im pretty jealous of your lucky find. My a50 does me just fine for now tho to and from work and scooting about town. I prob either lose my licence for speeding or injure myself on a big bike right now. Too tempting to WOT and blast down the road ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:59:37 PM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »
Where did you get the rev sensor for that cheap?  Everything I have seen was over $50.00
Id rather put that money towards something to make it faster!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:06:38 AM by streido »
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 12:32:24 AM »
That's kinda ugly, right out of 1982. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 12:45:41 AM »
I really just wanted one to see my revs wasnt too bothered how it looked really. If i can i want to cut it into my dash anyway so you would only see the readout and buttons and hopefully it looks pretty stock. If i can get it in there that is.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 09:59:53 AM »
Hey guys, heres what i did to make my agility go 52 MPH (82 km/h measured on speedometer):

Derestricted variator, CDI cut and stuff.

Air filter & jets: you would like to get a medium sized air filter, as a too small or too big isnt doing properly. With a medium sized powerfilter, ive expierienced the best effect with #84 and #86 jets, but ended up with #84, as this saves a little bit fuel.

Variator & rollers: I went with Malossi Multivar 2000, as ive heard on a danish forum, that this was a company with alot of expierience in tuningparts. The roller weight is all about enertia (the power which is requirered to make an object move) and momentum (how much power an object has stored in its movement = how much it can push), and heavier rollers has more in both. Also clutch spring has something to do with this, as it counteracts the power from the rollers, in order to keep the belt tight. With the Malossi variator came 6g rollers and a white spring, which i believe is a 33kg spring.
I used the white spring and tried both 6g rollers and 5.5g, but expierienced that although the 5.5g has a lower enertia, and starts rolling at lower RPM's, it lacks the momentum to get into highest gear, even at max RPM's.

The diffrence in acceleration with 5.5 and 6g rollers was this:
                  5.5g                     6g
0-30 km/h:   6.3 seconds          4.9 seconds
0-50 km/h    13 seconds           10.41 seconds
0-66 km/h    22 seconds           17.74 seconds
0-75 km/h    N/A                     25.39 seconds.

I measured in km/h, as i live in Denmark, but i hope that you can understand where im going with this, saying that 0.5g can make a diffrence in several seconds in accellerating. Also the "guru" of the danish forum which im on, sais that 6.25g is the best on his agility so its around there, and not always "the lighter the better" ;)
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2011, 05:16:53 PM »
The cooler looking Tach is 2x the price of Streido's
What do you connect the two wires to in order to measure RPM's?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 06:27:29 PM »
One wire goes onto the frame or engine for an earth and the other wraps round your sparkplug it says.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 03:43:17 PM »
Hey baddi... does that danish forum have any information about Kymco Super 8?
Sounds like you have a lot of good information.

How were you able to measure your accerlation down to the seconds like that?

I have been going purely on feel and how quick I can get up to speed before I hit a stop sign in my neighborhood!

Hey guys, heres what i did to make my agility go 52 MPH (82 km/h measured on speedometer):

Derestricted variator, CDI cut and stuff.

Air filter & jets: you would like to get a medium sized air filter, as a too small or too big isnt doing properly. With a medium sized powerfilter, ive expierienced the best effect with #84 and #86 jets, but ended up with #84, as this saves a little bit fuel.

Variator & rollers: I went with Malossi Multivar 2000, as ive heard on a danish forum, that this was a company with alot of expierience in tuningparts. The roller weight is all about enertia (the power which is requirered to make an object move) and momentum (how much power an object has stored in its movement = how much it can push), and heavier rollers has more in both. Also clutch spring has something to do with this, as it counteracts the power from the rollers, in order to keep the belt tight. With the Malossi variator came 6g rollers and a white spring, which i believe is a 33kg spring.
I used the white spring and tried both 6g rollers and 5.5g, but expierienced that although the 5.5g has a lower enertia, and starts rolling at lower RPM's, it lacks the momentum to get into highest gear, even at max RPM's.

The diffrence in acceleration with 5.5 and 6g rollers was this:
                  5.5g                     6g
0-30 km/h:   6.3 seconds          4.9 seconds
0-50 km/h    13 seconds           10.41 seconds
0-66 km/h    22 seconds           17.74 seconds
0-75 km/h    N/A                     25.39 seconds.

I measured in km/h, as i live in Denmark, but i hope that you can understand where im going with this, saying that 0.5g can make a diffrence in several seconds in accellerating. Also the "guru" of the danish forum which im on, sais that 6.25g is the best on his agility so its around there, and not always "the lighter the better" ;)

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 12:02:28 AM »
I live in the countryside in denmark, where theres plenty of straight roads with little trafic, and then ive just used my mobile phone as a stopclock.
I know that speedometers are very inaccurate, so ive made sure to sit in the same position, looking at the speedometer from the same angle every time :)

Unless you can find some datalocker to show it to you or if you get stopped by the police who wants to test its speed, the only way to measure it to get a stopclock, and do it a couple of times, and be sure to make the test runs as uniformed as possible :D

ianmac

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »
Just dont want to send my cell phone flying while doing 40mph.

I checked the air in my tires and I was only 15lbs on the front, I changed that to 32 and we went riding last night and she was doing 40+ on the spedo, but max on the gps was about 36.3mph.

Getting there.... I think upping my sliders 1g to 6g might be the way to go.

baddi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »
If you dont believe that you can hold on to your phone at those speeds, use duct tape !  :D

"It can fix anything!"

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()