Author Topic: Highway Pegs  (Read 2611 times)

svnthsign

• View Profile
Highway Pegs
« on: April 16, 2011, 07:42:46 PM »
Thank you for this great forum. I recently purchased a People S 250 and completed my MSF training. Took my first long ride (for me) the other day commuting to work on the highway.  My knees were aching.  Has anyone heard of a highway peg addition to the scoot?  Or did I simply not pick the best scoot for me? 

Thanks in advance and BTW this is the only issue I have.  Love it and don't let the laughs of my military coworkers deter me.  I'll be laughing when they fill up their SUVs. 

Take care and safe riding. 

Jennifer

ispud

• View Profile
Re: Highway Pegs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »
Hrrrrmmm why were your keens aching?  My scooter is like sitting in a chair - quiet comfortable.  How long was the ride?  I never ride mine for really long rides - maybe 20 miles at the most.  Typical is 10 to work or back home.  My knees never complain.  Everyone in a while I pick my feet up awkwardly from a stop and I get some big pain in my hips, that I have to stop and stretch out or live with for 5 minutes until it goes away.

Looking forward to a little ride in 10 minutes!!  Time to go home please!

:)>>
:)>>

orepicker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 04:17:48 PM »
When I bought a People 250, I also found that leg room was an issue. I went to a local upholstery shop and he moved the little seat "back rest" about 8 inches to the rear. I don't carry passengers and have more leg room. I recently made a several hour trip and other than sore butt, felt great.

Grimsby53

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 05:57:16 PM »
I could do with a bit more legroom on my (non-S) P250 as well.  Terdahl, what did your upholstery job cost you?

orepicker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »
I think $60.00. Well worth it.

Grimsby53

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »
That does sound worth it.  Especailly since I'm considering entering myself and my P250 in next year's Scooter Cannonball.  Savanah to San Diego, baby!

Punk052

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »
I'm sure you could put some pegs on, but they would have to attach to the frame and you would have to cut up the plastics. For an even like that it might be worth trying.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()