Author Topic: returning rider after 23 year spell what was i thinking?  (Read 7012 times)

dcbale

• View Profile
returning rider after 23 year spell what was i thinking?
« on: April 17, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
 yes thats right after 23 years since i rode full time i made the so called right (stupid  ::) ) desision to do it all again mmm some pepole have called me fool hardy relived youth i call it about time dont know why i put it off for so long so at the young age of 46
but one wage morgage 3 kids 2 cars (but only 1 car now) high petrol costs i thought why not try it again sh** i can save some money while im at it ? so i did the corse for the Ls i was the oldest youth there and pased whew what a releaf and yes i was sh**ting my self to so i thought witch bike do i get mm ahh the kymco ck 125 or normaly goes by kymco pulsar 125 nice bike not to heavy verry cheap to fill in australia $11 per tank  and cheap to buy $2490 on the road half the price of the main stream bikes so mutch for very little out lay my first impresion ? mabey i should have goten a bigger bike but after iv ridden it for nearly 3 weeks to work in wind rain and shine it kinda grows on you and then i thought hey its not a bad little bike after all and when i fill up i always have a smile on my face unlike my car driving counterparts at the gas station so all in all was it the right thing to do bloody oath it was because im happier person for doing it.
dave b

Syl

• View Profile
Re: returning rider after 23 year spell what was i thinking?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 11:50:04 AM »
You know people will always have comment's about something. Many people have a shallow life so don't worry about what people say. Many years ago, I was hurt bad on a bike but recently purchased a DT 300i after a Peoples S200 and am really enjoying it. If people give me that kid stuff comment.........I come back with, you know when you reach a certain age, one need's something in life to excite him again, what will you have? Usually no comment back from them...I could care less what anyone think's. If they have constructive criticism, I gladly listen. We each pay our own way in life's struggle and when does anyone really help. Go for it dcbale andf enjoy your life, I am!

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
Welcome back! Hope you enjoy this forum, it's 40 years since i was last on a scoot, a bit nervous at first, but now i'm loving every second!

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
Ditto, ditto. . .  It was a 32 year intermission for me.  Nervous as heck at first but after a short while, loving it again just like before.  Like I'm a kid again! 

Be careful and enjoy!!! 

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »
Speaking of "kid again"! When I was a kid, I road my two wheel bicycle everwhere. I rode anywhere I wanted, think I'll go here, think I'll go there....what ever struck my feeling's at the time. Stop anywhere, do thing's than back on the back and go home for supper than back on the bike and go again. YOU KNOW, I get that same sorta feeling now! Get on the scoot....where should I go? Well, I went that way yesterday so I'll go this way today! Only difference today, is I get there quicker and am not tired! So speaking of "kid again", I honestly think all of us get that feeling...so go ahead and act like a okid again!......I do, and why not...we deserve it!

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
I'm with you Syl, well actually i wish i could be! Geographically, but i know exactly how yopu feel ;D

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 04:34:18 AM »
I quit riding back in the 80's and bought my Kymco in 2008... I will be upgrading this summer.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 01:31:01 PM »
Me too! 35+ years since my last ride on a "real motorcycle" then bought an Agility 50. Traded that for the Yager in 2010. You have joined the club! Welcome!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

melodys39

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 01:44:22 PM »
And then there are the ones that don't even start until 49! This last summer I rode from Portland Oregon to Portland Maine! Loving every minute of it!  ;D
'09 White Grandvista 250 "Dinky"

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 07:16:26 PM »
I think Melody just upped the ante! Portland to Portland on two or three wheels is worse than half days: 6 to 6!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
I guess I'm a piker. I only went 9 years without, guessing I was getting too old. HA! Jokes on me.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »
I was 10 years away, glad to be back. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

OLDRIDER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »
Welcome back to riding. @3 years that's noting I came back after 50 years. I when I was 16 and that not again untilo I was 66 or actually 65. I love it but do take you time to get re adjusted to riding. Its not like riding a bicycle all the skills you had need to be resharpened and in some cases relearned. good luck and good riding

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »
Yep, good advice, Oldrider. 

BradleyT

• Cape Town, South Africa
  • My two-wheel mobile armchair...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
Hey, thats great.  I also starting riding again after almost 30 years off a bike.  Nearly 3 years now, and I still experience a feeling of nervouse anticipation every time time ride - but that feeling keeps my feet on the ground and VERY wide awake!  ::)  Enjoy!
...everything will look better when the sun comes up...

My Twitter:  scooterbrad

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()