Author Topic: New Oil For My DT 300i at 405 miles  (Read 3519 times)

Syl

• View Profile
New Oil For My DT 300i at 405 miles
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »
In riding around and passing the service center I stopped and asked if they were busy. I'm off this day and had time and they said they had time to service my DR 300i. Here's how is went......The noise in the front end when going over a bumpy area was found and said to be normal coming from the floating rotor area.....and is normal....?? They aligned my handle bars with the front wheel being the handle bar's was to the left and the wheel straight ahead. The oil change after asking and checking all over the place, I decided to go with straight sythetic. With this oil change, the hammer drill type noise I experienced has gotten less intense.....smoother somewhat. I am attaching a pix of the oil label I chose.

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
Re: New Oil For My DT 300i at 405 miles
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »
In time I will go Synthetic as well. I am thing though to wait till the 3,000 service for that. I am not sure before then the rings would be seated etc. There is no way at only 600 miles the engine will have free'd up yet. Now I haven't as of yet noticed mine making any noise over bumps in the front.

DowntownFl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »
I went to Syn oil today at 700 miles based on the Kymco dealer's recommendation.  Otherwise had no problems with the 600 mile service.  I am very happy with this choice of scooters.  It's very relaxing cruising Daytona's famous "Loop" a scienic ride through the Halifax state park area.

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »
Since feeling what I think ids the rings starting to seat at 200 miles I may go synthetic as well. People are saying with 2500 Kilometers that the engine has still not totally broken free, so I am not sure yet. Guess I'll cross the bridge one I get there.

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
Repeating what I stated awhile back, Had taken our 2011 Colorado in for 3,000 mile. Service manager came out telling me about they are doing now and chevy know's about it. Asking the customer if they want the half and half oil change? Putting in 50% regular oil and 50% synthetic. Cost is more but in asking was told by people that know about this of course that this is a good way to go now. I did considerable asking about switching the scooter to synthetic even with the mileage and was assured there is no problem in switching. This was the dealership for scooter's and motorcycle's. I had the scooter out yesterday and is definetly feel's to be running much smoother. I don't like that bit of noise in the front end as I explained earlier though.

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 01:28:01 PM »
My People S 125 was switched to synthetic oil at 800K with no problem. It now has 30,000K on it. Still uses no oil and runs very well. My new one will get the same treatment.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 01:31:34 PM »
I guess they break in earilier than they used too. Feeling the bike even at 300 I have now I can see that. I know synthetic will make them, or just about any other engine, run smoother. At 300 now it runs much better than it did new. It seems there is much more power in the low end and engine breaking has been reduced significantly. I'll see how  it feels at 600 miles but from where I am now my trepidations against going right to synthetic are being reduced with every mile.

As far as the noise, what does it sound like? Mine seems to be quiet, at least within the range of every other bike I've ridden.........

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
Doing some research Royal Purple makes Synthetic Oil and Final Drive 75/90 Oil as well. Both will be treated ASAP............ :)

Update; I went in to the dealer, they do not have Royal Purple. Went in to PepBoys and they were out of the RP final drive oil. Also they want to keep it overnight for the service, since it is just an oil/filter change and final drive oil change with a cleaning of the crankcase breather I may just tackle it myself.

I've always been handy with a wrench just at a loss with ECU's and EFI's etc...........
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 09:01:21 PM by TANWare »

oldcoastie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 02:36:27 AM »
TANware - take your bike to the authorized dealer for the 1st service - I believe it is required to keep the warranty good...

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »
I took it in, I provided Royal Purple for the Engine oil and Final Drive oil. &12 when I took it in and am very happy with the results. Only got to ride it for a little bit before the rain hit though.............

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()