Author Topic: Kymco Jetix 50cc 4t  (Read 1644 times)

fiscardo

• View Profile
Kymco Jetix 50cc 4t
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »
Hi to all out there,
I have just bought a Jetix 50. I am based in Greece so the manual that came with it is in Greek which I can not read very well! I have googled extensively but cannot find much information on this model. Is it rare or not sold worldwide I wonder?

My main problem is that I would like to de-restrict it as it is quite slow. I do not want to put an oversize piston kit as I would like to keep as original as possible. I have looked at de-restricting instructions or other models and it seems that the cdi is the first step and then maybe some kind of adjustments to exhaust and carb? If anyone has a link or any instructions as to how I could get a little more power out of it, I'd be very grateful.

Best wishes

Nick

ianmac

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Jetix 50cc 4t
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 01:56:40 AM »
My guess is, its similar to my Super 8.
Check out your wiring harness to your CDI.
Its the box behind the battery.

I clipped the violet/pink wire (there are two, only clip one)
I have already received a boost of 5MPH

fiscardo

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Jetix 50cc 4t
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I only just re-checked the message board as nobody had answered before. This Jetix muar be rare or maybe only for the Greek market. At the moment, I am still running in so will wiat till I get to 1000 k before I cut wire and go for more RPM. I suppose this is only the first stage in de-restricting. Is there anything I can do to the carb and exhaust in addition I wonder.

Anyway, thanks for your help and I'll look up the Super 8 to see how similar it is.

Regards

Nick

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()