Author Topic: Looking at buying my first scooter, found an Agility 125  (Read 7468 times)

wildwildip

• View Profile
Re: Looking at buying my first scooter, found an Agility 125
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »
I have always run 87.  Never had any issues.  Higher octane is only needed for higher compression motors.   Check the oil on it.  Thats really the most important thing to a scooter.  Also, if you have the money, get new tires.  The stock ones are not safe in my opinion.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 08:33:23 PM »
Rear fender is off center by design. :)
On my gf's A125 the tire rubs one side of the fender from inside, and there is a gap on another side.
Everything is fine with assembly, it is like that from day one :))
Strange it did not fall off (yet) in 24.000 kms. :)))
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

jstluise

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 03:27:03 PM »
Good to know about the rear fender.  Looks odd but also looks like that is how it was new.

I got those couple cracks fixed and found some body panel rivets to replace the ones that were missing.  So, cosmetically I am happy with everything.

I changed the engine oil (used 10-40 conventional) and the final reduction oil (used Redline 70-90 synthetic that I had leftover from my pickup).

The full face helmet I bought doesn't fit under the seat  >:(  Didn't think it would, but it would be great if it did!

I do have another question:  In the little manual that came with the scoot, there is mention of the little pegs underneath the seat, toward the front of the seat.  What I got from reading it is that you loop your helmet straps around these pegs or something (with your helmet on the outside of the seat), then when you close your seat, you cannot remove the helmet.  I guess a way to leave your helmet for a short time without it getting stolen.  I haven't quite figured it out yet...can anyone offer some insight or even some pictures?

All in all I am very happy with the A125  ;D  I got my motorcycle permit this weekend so I went cruising around for a while when the weather was nice.  Fun to ride and its got some pep!

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »
I do have another question:  In the little manual that came with the scoot, there is mention of the little pegs underneath the seat, toward the front of the seat.  What I got from reading it is that you loop your helmet straps around these pegs or something (with your helmet on the outside of the seat), then when you close your seat, you cannot remove the helmet.  I guess a way to leave your helmet for a short time without it getting stolen.  I haven't quite figured it out yet...can anyone offer some insight or even some pictures?

Most helmets have two D-rings for securing the chin strap. You hang one or both D-rings over the peg, and latch the seat closed (making sure the keys are not in the pet carrier, first, as they never should be).

jstluise

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »
Most helmets have two D-rings for securing the chin strap. You hang one or both D-rings over the peg, and latch the seat closed (making sure the keys are not in the pet carrier, first, as they never should be).

Gotcha!  For some reason I was thinking you were to use both pegs for one helmet (I couldn't figure out how), but it makes more sense to have two pegs so you can secure two helmets.  So the helmet will hang off the side of the scoot then (or one helmet on each side)?

Thanks  8)

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »
F.Y.I. my medium Scorpion EXO-200 3/4 fits under the seat.

KennyT

• View Profile
    • www.KensFeaturedHomes.com
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 01:33:51 AM »
Congrats on buying the 125 for a great price...
I hope you are still enjoying it!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125
Have fun and enjoy the ride!

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 06:54:32 PM »
I just purchased mine this past December 2012 and I love her. I had two cheap Chinese import bikes and they do not even compare to the quality of the Kymco brand. I am riding a Kymco Agility 125cc scooter. Happy riding to you.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

emanuel_v19

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:51 AM »
If you get it you won't regret it. I'm close to 5k km. Open throttle for the most part. Hard accelerations. 40mi round trip everyday. Cold or hot. Still runs like new!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()