Author Topic: Larger windshield for my Kymco 500 xciting  (Read 9244 times)

jan.strydom

• View Profile
Re: Larger windshield for my Kymco 500 xciting
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
Nice!! :)

DaveRinPA

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
grouchysmurf  - I have your '09 OEM windshield off my (then) new 500 Ri.  Used less than 50 miles.  Make me an offer.  I'm in PA.  Just joined the forum myself.  Love my scoot - HATE the seat.  4,000 miles my first year.  Rear tire is GONE!  Buying a Michelin Sport for a $30 premium from my local shop, cause I'm riding on Brillo (without the soap)!

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
About that seat, yeah, one of the first mods I did was having a custom seat make on both my original 07 which was replaced with an 09 Ri.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

grouchysmurf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »
grouchysmurf  - I have your '09 OEM windshield off my (then) new 500 Ri.  Used less than 50 miles.  Make me an offer.  I'm in PA.  Just joined the forum myself.  Love my scoot - HATE the seat.  4,000 miles my first year.  Rear tire is GONE!  Buying a Michelin Sport for a $30 premium from my local shop, cause I'm riding on Brillo (without the soap)!
Thank you, but I have already purchased one!

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »

Did you cut off the ends of the slider bars and add a couple of new notches to get the seat back pad to go back further?  I got about 3/4 inch more room for just a few minutes work with a dremel.  Cut the sliders off just in front of the threads for the locking screw, taper them, then cut your new stop grooves.  I put painters tape on my seat and the pad to show where I started - then pushed it on ad far as I was comfortable to see how far to make the new notch from the last one.  That little bit made a big improvement.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »
I just installed a Givi D293ST on my 09 Xciting 500ri.  I looked at several options and had concerns about it being too tall.  This installation required a little work with a Dremel tool for one side, but was fairly straight forward.  I found that the results were much better than expected.  My mirrors do not bump the windshield, even when the handlebars are fully turned. Highway riding is 100% better.  Much quieter with no buffeting.  I have been very happy with the GIVI.

Hey Tim - how tall are you?  I'm 6'3" and would like to get a quieter ride.  I thought about cutting down the stock 500Ri windshield to get the blast away from my helmet level - but even removing it completely didn't help (I also tried using a foam wedge to change it's angle).

How much did your mpg drop after mounting the larger screen?
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 07:50:36 PM »
Hey Tim - how tall are you?  I'm 6'3" and would like to get a quieter ride.  I thought about cutting down the stock 500Ri windshield to get the blast away from my helmet level - but even removing it completely didn't help (I also tried using a foam wedge to change it's angle).

How much did your mpg drop after mounting the larger screen?

If you're that tall, your MPGs might even improve with bigger screen.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()