Author Topic: No fuel getting to engine  (Read 1698 times)

bmcafee

• View Profile
No fuel getting to engine
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:39:57 AM »
I recently put I a larger cyclinder and had a ton of issues trying to get it started due to the higher compression and the starter not being strong enough and then realized that kick starter was missing a piece. Now I am able to use the kick started to cycle the engine Victory right?!? My problem now is that I am not getting any fuel into the engine I can tell that there is fuel getting to the carb due to when I took it off and I rotated it I got gas all of myself "while the fule line to the tank was pinched off. I noticed that none of it is getting into the engine. I pulled the spark plug to confirm what I thought when I stuck my finger in the intake of the engine and it didnt smell like gas. When it cycles air is being pushed out of the tail pipe i can hear it make a puff sound and feel it with my hand. I am wondering what could cause this any idea's would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks for the read,
Brian M.

bmcafee

• View Profile
Re: No fuel getting to engine
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 02:41:53 AM »
anyone?

bmcafee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 04:49:56 AM »
bump ???

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »
You mention gas flowing from the carb, was this before or after trying to start the engine ?

Once the carb is empty it will not fill again until vacuum is applied to the cutoff valve under the gas tank (disconnect the vacuum tube from the intake manifold and suck on it so the valve clicks open, there's also a drain screw on the carb that you can use to check if there's any gas in the carb)

If the float chamber of the carb seems full of gas and still nothing gets into the engine I would check first if the main jet is clogged. Other possibilities could be that the float level is extremely low, or the needle or vacuum piston is not fitted correctly in such a way that the needle shuts off the needle jet completely.

Carbs can be tricky...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()