Author Topic: Pizza, Cycle, Box, People  (Read 1314 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Pizza, Cycle, Box, People
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:23:57 PM »
Yes, I'll explain that! Phone call in for a small Pizza ready in 20 minutes, telling them about the scooter pickup! Arrived at the shop, thought the V46 Givi Box would take the "small" Pizza. Pulled into the front of the shop and a handfull of people came out with one of the girl's carrying my Pizza. We found the Pizza box would not fit into the V46 and they immediately went in an doubled up into a smaller box which fit. Further, people come out looking over the scooter remarking "wow" what a great looking bike. I mean theyh stayed asking all sort's of question's. Especially one man who stayed longer than anyone else who was immensley impressed. He was certain in wanting to purchase one of these. Went on to the dealership after all this, found they have another DT in the box just coming in and further have a bunch of them on order.....great! Am Planning on buying 50 lb of Bird Seed and if I am correct V46 Givi means Liter's and converted that means 12 gallon. If I am thinking right, 12 gallon would be like 2 5 gallon can's and some for area therefore I should be able to place a strong black bag into the box and pour in the 50 lb of seed, of course tightning up the bab as I go! Any thought's !!

old geezer

• View Profile
Re: Pizza, Cycle, Box, People
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:49:12 PM »
The Givi 46 has a weight limit of 10KG or 22 pounds.

http://www.giviusa.com/cases/monokey/V46-TECH

oldcoastie

• View Profile
Re: Pizza, Cycle, Box, People
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
I think I'd put the 50 lbs of bird seed under the seat (or split it up between underseat and top case). I have 2 giant dogs and I've thought about where to put the giant bag of dog food... and I think that bunging it to the seat seems about right...

the Downtown is a beautiful bike! I just took delivery on the Grand Vista and my motorhead brother (who has been nothing if not skeptical about the Kymco) is so impressed with GV, I can see the wheels turning... and they are turning around the Downtown...

I hope he gets one - I think he'd like it and would ride more.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()