Author Topic: Scooter's Definetly Catching on.  (Read 2163 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Scooter's Definetly Catching on.
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:34:22 PM »
I live in an area North of Pittsburgh and back when till today one would see many motorcycle's here and there. Well, This year, I am seeing a build up of scooter's. Nothing in particular from little nothing to some larger one's. In visiting the dealership  in my area, I see different size Kymco's leaving the dealership in the last month. Looking forward to seeing more DT 300i's to get on the road around here being they have one in the service room yet in the box and quite a few ordered. I'll say again.....my riding around town and this area has presented a different/great look to scooter owning. I am bragging here about mine and enjoy telling asker's about it. People can't miss me with the Silver helmet, white/black jacket and the new green vest over top of that. I know the black helmet would be a bit too hot for me. Some close friend's ask me, "what in the world do you need a scooter for"? My answer, when you reach a certain age in life one need's something to excite them and this is mine!! They go off thinking.......! I'm in my own little world when I go out with my water bottle and camera gear. When I was a kid my two wheeler went everywhere and I mean many miles. Today, I can go many miles and not get leg cramp's! I would enjoy going off with another Kymco rider but that is yet to be found here...but I think there're coming! 

old geezer

• View Profile
Re: Scooter's Definetly Catching on.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
My Kymco dealer must be expecting scooter sales to pick up over the high price of gas. They just got in a bunch of scooters from 125cc on up.

They sell motorcycles too, Honda, Kawasaki and Triumph but they have more scooters in stock than I have seen in the last couple of years.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
Around here, scooters were a big thing at the end of 40s/in 50s.
My father had this one at the end of 50s:

---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Syl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »
Hmmm.....interestng to look at! Still a good looking ride though. Scooter's are going to have to be big in the warmer states for sure soon with the gas prices. Around here, a rider need's winter tread's and or chain's with a heater and top!! Oh and, 2 wheel drive!

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »
Syl, you know I love ya, but I'd rather see you never use an apostrophe ever again rather than to continually keep using them where they aren't needed. :)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »
I saw somewhere that scooter sales are up 48% over the first quarter of last year.  Dual sport up around 24%, street bikes up around 7% and dirt bike sales down.  So it's not just your imagination that there are more scooters out.  Despite this, the are still a lot of 09's in the showrooms, not just Kymco's but also Piaggio, Vespa, Aprilia, and Yamaha.  Now's the time to get a great deal.  Once the old scooters are gone, dealers won't come down much on price of current model year scooters
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 04:20:22 PM »
That looks very similar to my first scoot, a Lambretta LD150, it was a rusty old bucket, so i chopped nearly all the bodywork off and put alloy mudgaurds on ..it looked cool back in the sixties!

Agent Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 11:29:01 PM »
Scooters have not caught on in this part of PA. It's Harleys, Harleys and more Harleys. I've got one of the few and rarely see another. Axy, the saddles on the scoot are mounted in an interseting fashion. They look like they might be sprung.

old geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
Ran across a kid in town this morning with a new People 150 just like mine. Things are picking up.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:02:21 PM by scooterdude »

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 09:52:24 PM »

Hey Axy, i found it on Wikipedia, it's a 1957 NSU Prima

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()