Author Topic: What weight rollers are best for the agility 50 4 stroke?  (Read 8411 times)

kevo7200

• View Profile
What weight rollers are best for the agility 50 4 stroke?
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
hello, im wondering if someone can help me, i have cut the cdi and changed the boss drive and can now get to 40mph but it stays there even down hills. also iv got about a 3rd of the throttle left to turn but that changes nothing except more engine noise and a little bit of power going up hills. iv read around and am going to buy a race variator but i don't know what roller weight would be best? any one know?

Thanks

blue

• View Profile
Re: What weight rollers are best for the agility 50 4 stroke?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:26:13 AM »
I have best results with 5.5 I can get my scoot up to 40 45mph easy sometimes 50 on a good day and no wind. 35 to 40 up hill. and thats with out the race variator.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 09:06:32 AM »
Im running 5.5g just like blue is. Seems to work well with my race variator. Tried 7.5g but found 5.5g works better for acceleration. To be honest there wasnt a huge difference when running 7.5 or 5.5 but I feel the 5.5 were slightly better, maybe just all in my mind tho. Plan to try 4.5g to see how they perform but no time or money for that right now so ill stick to the 5.5g im running at the moment for a while yet.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »
I think you will find your race variator will boost your performance and make your scoot much more enjoyable to ride. Mayne even try that 1st before you lighten the rollers, unless the ones you have fitted are flat by now.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

kevo7200

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply's :), i think ill get the 5.5g if im to buy some, when i get more money and time ill experiment with different weights :).

iv bought the race variator and waiting for that to come through the post :), im going to have a look at the rollers that are already in the stock part and see whether i should replace them, do you know what weight the stock rollers are? and also, what is the stock main jet size and is their any point in getting a slightly bigger one?

Thanks again :) 

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
Stock rollers are 6.5g, stock main jet is 80.

Kymco recommend an 82 main jet for a derestricted scoot, I know cos I emailed them to ask.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

kevo7200

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »
I took my rollers out few hours ago and ther extreamly flat :|.
So with the race variator, 5.5g rollers and cut cdi, would up-jetting to #82 make a differance?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »
I an my scoot on the stock 80 jet for about 2-3 wks after I derestricted mine before I got cash for the race variator and new 5.5g rollers, so it was the same as you are now, then I got the courage to do the main jet. Didnt notice much, if any, improvement in performance but was happier I did it since thats what Kymco tell their service shops to do as part of the full derestrict. I guess they must know more than anyone.

Soon as I put in the race variator and rollers tho it felt better staight away. Im happy now, once you fit your race variator and main jet you will be running the exact same set up as me, if you fit 5.5g rollers. Think you will be happy with that.......for now ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

kevo7200

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
ahh right. wel l by the sounds of things theres not much 'noticeable' change when up-jetting then.
ima fit the variator and rollers when they arrive and see how it feels before anymore fiddling :).
also dont you need to change the type of air filter from stock to, for example, a k&n air filter?

many thanks :) 

kevo7200

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »
dose anyone know were i can buy a gasket/rubber seal that goes around the casing where the belt, clutch variator and all that is?
i removed the cover to get to the variator and the rubber seal/gasket is stretched and is broken, i cant seem to find one anywhere ???   

help appreciated :)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 01:15:39 AM »
just get some liquid seal a gasket that works realy good and if you have to remove it it comes off bretty good with a sharp knife.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 09:42:34 AM »
The reason for upjetting to an 82 is to avoid running lean and damaging your engine, not to improve performance as such. Kymco advise it in their derestriction manual and it only takes half hour tops and a couple of bucks for the jet, so better to do it in my opinion, and Kymcos opinion for that matter. Better safe than sorry.

Your scoot may take a while to start 1st time after changing the jet bit dont worry, it will start up soon as the fuel flows again and fills the chamber in the carb. I thought I broke my scoot, wouldnt start up, had to jump it off my car, but once going that 1st time its been fine since.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

kevo7200

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 09:55:10 PM »
good idea blue :) thanks.

ah right, so i better get one then :). but for the time being, will it be fine to ride when i fit the new variator and rollers until the new jet arrives? or is it not recommended? 

Thanks

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
you realy dont need one it just stops the extra noise comeing from the belt drive. and helps keep it clean. not much dirt gets in there.

kevo7200

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
Cheers :).
Also, the race cdi... Is it worth it?
Wouldnt it help up hills as it dosent have the rev limiter?

Thanks.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()