Author Topic: Real Speed (GPS) vs Speedo  (Read 1501 times)

Dysquo24

• View Profile
Real Speed (GPS) vs Speedo
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:38:37 PM »
New here! Just picked up an 05 2t yesterday. Noticed the speedo was way off when I GPS'd my MPH. Mines derestricted, no other mods. Speedo was 49 mph, real GPS speed 42 mph

Looking into mods, but I wanted to know what I can really expect. Can you post real speeds?

Also took it to the dealer for a quick look over. Told him I ordered to put a K&N style filter to start, and was looking into exhausts. He told me with just the K&N it would run to lean and could damage the engine. Any thoughts?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Real Speed (GPS) vs Speedo
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:49:58 PM »
REJET. If you increase the airflow through the engine, rejet to suit or you will run lean and damage your engine, a hole in the piston will hapen in time.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

bniesen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
rejetting is easy. ask the shop for some extra jets and get yourself som micro drill bits. I did this last night. I opened the mainjet up one size and will do a plug chop (running full throttle for at least a mile with a NEW plug, kill the engine pull over and check plug tip for color) to see if I need to open up the air box more. I have the exact same bike as you down to the year. speedo maxes at 45 when on a flat road but GPS says 41-42. I'll post later to tell ya how the scoot behaves with the new jet size.
what pipe are you looking into?? I was advised not to go with an open air filter. what kind of performance are you shooting for??

bniesen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 01:18:21 PM »
I took the jet size to a .78mm and it pulls better up hills. I will have to do a plug chop to see if I'm running a little on the rich side. If I am running a tad rich, I probably won't do anything about it until I get a new pipe.
A couple of people have recommended the Leo Vince SP3 pipe which is what I have my eye on.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()