Author Topic: How to inflate tires? GV 250  (Read 1395 times)

shawgb

• View Profile
How to inflate tires? GV 250
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
Hi all -

My biggest mystery is currently - how the *heck* do you add air to Grandvista 250 tires?
I've been to several gas stations and haven't found an air pump with a valve I can fit over the filler - so I went and purchased a hand-type bicycle tire pump - but even that won't fit!

What do I need and where do I find it?
Why is this so difficult (rhetorical...)?

Lastly - my owner's manual has some crazy metric reading for recommended pressure. I've tried to convert online unsuccessfully...just what is the right pressure for U.S. people??

Any help would be most appreciated...y'all always come through!
Thanks -

MaryK

• View Profile
Re: How to inflate tires? GV 250
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:36:33 AM »
I have heard about some unusual-to-the-USA valves on the tires of some Chineese scooters, but the ones on mine are standard Schrader type. 
So, I can't help there, except to have you talk to a local scooter dealer.  You should be able to have Schrader valves installed, but it will cost a bit, mainly labor.

Tire Pressure:
Front:         25 psi
Rear 1 rider:  28.4 psi
Rear 2 riders: 32 psi

Scoot Safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

petertucky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 01:06:22 AM »
Hi all -

My biggest mystery is currently - how the *heck* do you add air to Grandvista 250 tires?
I've been to several gas stations and haven't found an air pump with a valve I can fit over the filler - so I went and purchased a hand-type bicycle tire pump - but even that won't fit!

What do I need and where do I find it?
Why is this so difficult (rhetorical...)?

Lastly - my owner's manual has some crazy metric reading for recommended pressure. I've tried to convert online unsuccessfully...just what is the right pressure for U.S. people??

Any help would be most appreciated...y'all always come through!
Thanks -

I don't know what your exact issue was, but I know on my Xciting 250 the first thing I noticed was that the valves and the area they were in was a tight fit.  It was really hard to check air pressure.  I couldn't use the typical "round headed" tire pressure gauge.  I had to go out and buy one of those "pencil style" gauges where the white stick slides out of the end to give the reading.

Secondly, most inflation apparatus wouldn't fit in there either.  I think what would have worked would have been one of those twelve volt dc pumps you plug into the car cigarette lighter.  They fit in tight spots.  In trying to air up with the standard air compressor type thing, I had to bend the stem sideways and it didn't work very well.  I think I cursed a bit.
Petersburg, Indiana

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 02:49:35 AM »
I have 90 degree valve stems in my ZX and my Boulevard, is much easier.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

shawgb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »
Sorry all - been "under the weather" quite a while, but on the mend...
I appreciate your replies - I think I need to visit my local dealer.
Thanks very much for the input!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()