Author Topic: Another derestricting the Agility  (Read 4237 times)

yajblackburn

• 2004 ZX50, 2000 People 50, 2002 Yup50
    • View Profile
Another derestricting the Agility
« on: October 16, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
So the scooter rental place I work for has 11 of these bikes, and now in the next week they will be getting rid of their entire fleet in order to purchase newer ones.  That means I will be able to get some for a near nothing price. It also means I can mess with them to find out how much they have in them.  As for the derestrictions, I haven't yet to try the CDI mod because it's not in my possesion and if I mod the CDI, someone who rents it will be able to go faster than the others and possibly crash it.  It definetly has the restricted variator washer installed.  It also has a carburetor jet restriction also.  After those were removed, the bike went from 32mph to 45mph.  Once I get one in my possesion, I will do the CDI and let everybody know what it did.

x-seed

• View Profile
Re: Another derestricting the Agility
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38:51 PM »
an u help me with the replacement of the jet?

i got an k82 jet  to put in the bike, but im totally noob... :( .

i think the one in the bike is smaller right?

did the cdi and variator bush mods, its going 70km/h +-.

how do u replace the main jet?

the exausth pipe... can we do something to make it more efective? is it also retricted?

thanx m8.

yajblackburn

• 2004 ZX50, 2000 People 50, 2002 Yup50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »
If you are already going 70km, I don't think that main jet will help you.  All my Agility's came with the derestriction kit including the boss drive and main jet, upon further inspection while changing the main jet, I noticed the installed jets on all 6 of the Agility's were the number 82 jet.  The jet included in the derestriction bag was also a number 82 jet.  So the carburetor is already derestricted.  The exhaust has no restrictions on it.  If you want to go faster, you will have to install a big bore kit. 

x-seed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 07:42:27 PM »
ok then. :-[

lighter variator rollers will gimme more aceleration right?

what is the weight of the original?

heard that most 50cc willdo good with 4.0g rollers.

Agil

• mgtapGD
    • View Profile
    • Beautiful Girls in your city for night
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 06:41:30 AM »
original are 6.5 g

go for 6.0 ( mine are 5,8 )

x-seed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 10:15:19 PM »
original are 6.5 g

6 it is.

i´ve been readind that for most 50cc scooters a 4.5 or even 4 works the best.

is this bike more cause of the 4 stroke sys?

i just went for a ride, and got to 75 km/h with my 62 kilos on the bike, a bit windy.

not aiming for more speed, i think its enough for my drivin expertise, but it takes a while to boost it up.

so i am aiming for great acelleration.

i´ve herd about a screw on the carb that did not let something to oppens fully, can u explain that to me?

thanx a lot m8. :)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:37:06 AM »
dont play with the srew on carb unless you know what you are doing . tomany turns well do damage.to less is ok. but trying to get screw back to wear it should go is hard. you can do it but you need to becarefull and cound the turns . you you think you went to far take screw all the way back in then turn it 1 1/4 turns then start your bike and adjust it from there .

tp376

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:51:10 PM »
Hello all.  I have de-restricted quite a few and have also installed an 80cc big bore kit, which really works great.  In de-restricting them I follow a simple proceedure of installing a modified boss drive face in the variator (available at www.tntcycles-atv.com), install the bigger jet that comes with it, and perform the CDI Modification.  If you don't feel comfortable hacking into the "black box", the guys at TNT's also do this and will swap yours out for a modified one.  You can expect a solid 40mph out of the little guy after these mods. Another nice mod is to lighten the rollor weights in the variator.  This gives it better pickup and take off. The 80cc big bore kit, again available from TNT's is a pretty straight forward swap and only costs $174.95.  Not only does this increase the top speed to over 50mph, it really gives the Agility a big boost in Mid Range power. 
Certified Kymco Tech willing to give Free help.

x-seed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »
original are 6.5 g

i bought 5.5. grams.

im  rolling happy.
 :D

chubbyrockstar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 01:56:05 AM »
X, i think the stock jet is a #82 , i think they do make a #85 for it.
to change the jet is simple, remove the bottom bowl of the carb (3 screws), unscrew the jet (one is a sprayer, the other a jet) ..replace, re-install. nothing major at all.

*another restriction possibility is*
on the top of the carb the little black cover thing, some have metal covers but anyhow..there may or may not be a small screw in the top of the cap on the under-side, make sure this is gone already (it probably is) but there is a spring on the underside of that cap make sure you dont lose it. its not a tiny one so you should be ok.
if there isnt a small screw in the underside of the plastic carb cap then that restriction is already been removed or came from manufacture without the restriction. (some do some dont)

also..Try running with 3 rollers at a time see if that improves your take off, i have three 16x13 x 6gram in the one i usually ride the most, (4 stroke gy6 50cc)after 4000 miles no problems,but when you change the rollers next time use the other 3 slots in the variator. I have MRP rollers but i have the stock sliders. try it with 6 then try it with 3 and see if it improves the takeoff.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:01:31 AM by chubbyrockstar »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()