Author Topic: What replacement mirrors to see behind you better  (Read 1137 times)

mrpackerguy

• View Profile
What replacement mirrors to see behind you better
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:32:57 PM »
Would really like to see behind me better.  Anyone replaced theirs and been satisfied?
2007 Silver Agility 50
2009 Green Super 8 150

mrpackerguy

• View Profile
Re: What replacement mirrors to see behind you better
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
Also, is the nut at the base of the mirror post 8mm or 10mm?  Thanks.
2007 Silver Agility 50
2009 Green Super 8 150

bthmtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
The post is 8mm I used the mirrors off my zx50 worked great

mrpackerguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 08:37:19 PM »
probably some extenders would work.
2007 Silver Agility 50
2009 Green Super 8 150

codger78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 04:00:15 AM »
Having never found better replacement mirrors, I finally (and regretfully) stuck a small spot (wide angle) mirror on the inside edge of the left side mirror. It was too small to be effective.
 Learning to use the mirrors to best advantage is one of those things that takes time and experience.  I angle the left mirror to pick up the closer oncoming/passing cars, while the right mirror is angled to see more distant cars.  After a while getting to know what is coming up from behind becomes instinctive and automatic.
borrowed dust

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:24:35 AM »
I've tried a few sets of replacement mirrors, some were even worse than the factory ones.

The only ones that really worked were so wide that they looked ridiculous on this small scoot. Luckily those cheap things fell apart within a few months, solving the dilemma of looks vs. use.

Now I'm back with the (decent quality) stock mirrors and I just got used to them.
Just like codger78 said : it's just a matter of finding the right angles and getting to know the limitations.

In my case a mall spot (wide angle) mirror does help though, the only difference with codger's setup is that i've stuck it to the outside edge of the left mirror so it "looks" around my shoulder so I can see the cars coming up right behind my back...

Never trust mirrors alone, always look over your shoulder before turning or changing lanes, this goes for driving any vehicle by the way...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()