Author Topic: Instaling malosi variator seems prety tricky  (Read 4623 times)

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
Re: Instaling malosi variator seems prety tricky
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 04:01:26 AM »

This is how we call here in Romania ... I didn't got my speed back ... it was just downhill, on flat it still does just 70 :))

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 06:12:57 AM »
You say that the piston raises more than the old one, does that mean it comes up past the top of the cylinder? if so, could it have hit one of your valves on initial start up, maybe a bent valve now?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »

sorry for the first image didn't loaded.

Yes , I am not sure now ... but that's how it seemed ... but I repeat... doesn't seem to be any problem with the engine ...it's running fine ... just not that much power... maybe it doesn't rev at full capacity ... but I don't know how to check /repair  this problem ... so for the moment that is how it will stay ...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 01:14:58 PM »
Ah, that is a "shifter" or shifting spanner. :) Does the engine rev okay with no load on it? Do you think you could have the valve timing out by 1 tooth? Maybe the power loss is not in the transmission, but in the engine tuning?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sticlistul

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »
that's what I think too ... 1 tooth from cam shaft... how it would influence this the performance of the engine .I tryed to align as best as I could the 2 marks with the side of the cylinder . Without load the engine revs ok , makes some noise mainly from central stand but nothing to worry me ...
As for the power I am pretty sure it's from the engine ... transmission does an excelent job until 65-70 then feels like no more power comes from the engine ... maybe with some more tunings who knows... but I am not really in mood to open the engine again ... at carb I don't know what tunings can be made ...except precision mixture screw I don't have anything else to "mess". First thing that I want to check is the new spark plug to see it's color... I hope it wont "lie" to me as last one which is half whitish half black :))

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()