Author Topic: Ride for homeless Vets  (Read 678 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Ride for homeless Vets
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »
Coming up this June 12th as last year is the "ride for homeless vets". Last year I followed them to the local VFW's and shot pix's for them. I didn't do the long ride they had taken being I had but the Peoples S 200 and I couldn't keep up comfortably on some of the major roads. There must have been 250 to 300 bikers mainly motor cycles but a bunch of scooters also. This ride is for the homeless vets of Pittsburgh and turned out really well. This year I'll have the 300i therfore can ride and keep up. Gonna have some fun using the GoPro Camera but thinking about what mount I want to use...helmet, windshield or......? If some have an interest in photography check out the site... www.gopro.com. I haven't been diving for years now but this would have been great...good up to 180 feet deep. Of course a light would really be needed also. I ordered the head strap mount also for after ride takes.

racewalker

• View Profile
Re: Ride for homeless Vets
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »
Thanks for the link. Looks interesting. :)
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

Syl

• View Profile
Re: Ride for homeless Vets
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:46:09 PM »
The "Ride For Homeless Vets" came and went and it was very well participated in by almost 300 bikers and various other bikes including my 300i.
I was not left out with the groups of all these bikers. I felt and was as much a part of them even with my scooter. Actually, the scooter was sort of a center of attention to many. Many bikers had their riders with them that don't use or run a bike on their own. The scooter being automatic and at least a 300 was of interest to many of thes people. Further, older and some physical problemed people were also very interest. This ride is one of two only in the United States and alsway comes out with huge turn outs. A single rider paid 15 and with a rider 20. Included a great lunch, raffle, drawings, band and VFW's involved. Couldn't ask for a more perfect event. What also helped me fit in by the way! I shot many pix's through the event and donate them to the VFW's and organizer of this event. There is a priest, pastor, minister or whatever that is in charge of this homeless in Pittsburgh and he is always totally involved. One thing that was of interest to me really, was all the different bikes (motorcycles). I mean I never knew there were so many different kinds, types, sizes etc. By all means though, I love my scooter and it will keep up with anything as long as it is in respectable speed limits! I have to add here though even though it could keep up, I wouldn't run at 70-75 mph sustained speed.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()