Author Topic: Buying Agility Rs 50  (Read 2338 times)

callumP

• View Profile
Buying Agility Rs 50
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »
I will be purchasing an agility rs 50. it will be doing a fair bit of mileage how do they hold out? i need a reliable scooter to get me to work home and genral comuting. are they like chineese crap or strong and reliable?

callumP

• View Profile
Re: Buying Agility Rs 50
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:37:27 AM »
also are there any common faults on the bike? and how easy is it to impprove perfromance?

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:36:21 AM »
I am not aware of the rs model but I think I can bet it's not chinese crap... my simple agility 50 is now at 20.000 and had no problem serious problems with it ... but I can tell that the parts from this scoot are high quality , for example the belt reached 19000 and at least 5000 km it would work without problem of snaping and a friend of mine with a chinese scoot at every lets say 6000 km the belt snaps.An other example could be the variatour witch mine at 19000 had less play in the bush then a new china one :)) . But I have to say if you want to buy it for speed, don't . It's a 4t it will do 75 km/h on flat with no mods and thats all. But there are few tricks of geting better with speed , all of those you can find it on this forum, or simply ask .

Ohh and the best way to see that is not a chinese, take it for  a ride, the position of riding and handling say all about the scoot, with every china scoot that I'ved been on felt like I was riding a WC.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:24:21 AM »
Im very happy with my Agility 50, spent around £35 on mods and I now get 80kmh on a good day on flats. Happy with the build quality, much better than chinese crap. Rides well, feels good, starts up 1st time every time. Reasonable acceleration but still slows up steep hills or against real strong winds. Overall happy tho, done 13,500km with no real probs at all so far.

Def recommend one over any cheapo chinese scoots. I had a peugeot speedfight also and my kymco was almost, if not as good quality as that was.

Just dont expect a rocket ship, if its restricted then you will need to derestrict asap before you end up going mental driving at 31mph everywhere!
Chaos is my co-pilot.

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »
Cheers guys this has boosted my confidence with buying an unknown brand. I will be de restricting and tweaking the engine as I used to ride motocross bikes and there un restricted 2 stroke monsters, not that im worried about speed as long as it gets me from a to b haslle free and is made with quality in mind. The rs version is the same but just with sporty pannels. Cant wait till my 16th haha sound like a nice runner.

sticlistul

• Sex, Scoot and Rock 'n' Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
As you may know sometimes you pay for the name too ... in my opinion all kymco models have best price/quality ratio .
If you have time take few pages back and you can make an ideea about this scoots . I like my agility but I recon that I would like an super 8 , it has higher price but looks better , the feeling on road it's kinda same very much stability in turns , on bumps ... choices choices :))

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:47:52 PM »
Why not find a dealer who can let you try a few different scoots out before you buy?

I bought my Kymco agility as my 1st scoot to use to go to and from work, just wanted reliable cheap transport so it fits that bill. It is a 4 stroke but when I got it I really didnt know much about 2 or 4 stroke, I just liked the scooter and the price. After I started tuning it up I read from this forum the 2 stroke will have better torque and uphill speed, and seems to have more options for better speed, but will be noisier. Not sure if this is all true but im happy anyway with my 4 stroke, the only slight niggle I have is going up long or steep hills when it slows down to 30mph, dont know how better a 2 stroke is on hills. 4 stroke is quieter and feels more refined, 2 stroke is noisier bit supposedly has more power, swings and roundabouts which you choose both have +'s and -'s.

Kymco are actually a pretty well known brand, I hadnt heard of them either before I got mine but read up online and they are well thought of scooters. Especially for the price.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »
My local dealer doesnt keep bikes in stock  :-\. I know about 4 strokes vs 2 strokes. 2 strokes are more rapid but are less reliable and require piston changes more. 4 strokes are slower less acceleration but i can live with that. how much would it be worth one year old? im only planning on having this bike until i pass my driving test then im getting a car and another motocross bike. the moped is £1299 for the rs version or £1099 for standard. i might go for the rs because i think it looks nicer but there the same bike underneath.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
If its just pretty much the same apart from minor cosmetic changes I would save the £200 and buy a basic agility then use the spare cash to soup it up and pimp it a bit.

Why not buy a 2nd hand low milage scoot and let someone else take the hit from buying new, think you may lose a fair bit on a brand new scoot when you sell it after a year. You will get back near enough what you paid for a 2nd hand scoot if you keep it good for a year.

I got my scoot for £380, was in good cond, full service history, exactly 3yr old, full yr mot, full yr tax, free helmet, bike jacket, bike lock, bike cover and gloves. Think it was a good deal I got tho cos guy needed a quick sale.

If you live in the UK try autotrader, gumtree or ebay to see what a yr old goes for and how much you will lose? I got mine off Gumtree.

If you want look under the eye candy section of the forum if you want to see pics of my Agility in top 10 I think on page 1, post called something like "my new agility resprayed - now called a gt50".
Chaos is my co-pilot.

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:08:19 PM »
nice resprsy! found a nice 2009 one for 800. i really like the look of the rs 50s better tho but not worth the money.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »
It really depends how much use you will get out of it. If i was buying a brand new scoot i would only do it if i knew i was planning on keeping it for a good few years. If you definate only want it for a year till you can drive a car then go for 2nd hand and save some cash. Unless your a millionaire and have cash to burn? But then i guess you would be buying a Kymco 50cc scooter if you were!!! If its got full mot, tax, good service history, looks good/well looked after and buyer seems genuine you should hopefully have no problems for the year you drive it.

Regular oil changes seem to be the order of the day on these small 50cc scoots. I change my engine and gearbox oil around every 1000km-1500km and always use fully synthetic oil.

Had a look online at the RS just there, Looks very similair to basic Agility. Different colours, diff wheels, slight body mod under front of seat but cant see much more difference. If you got a basic Agility cheap you could speed it up, fit a couple of mesh intake vents and respray it for well less than £200, personally i wouldnt want to respray a brand new scooter tho. You need to scratch you head a bit before you jump in, once your minds made up go for it.

Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »
by the way, mine is a 2008 (Jan 2008) even tho its on a 57 plate. It was only £380 so an extra £420 for a 2009 seems a bit high to me?

But like i say i think i got mine cheap.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 08:23:57 PM »
you got yours dirt cheap chineese mopeds are going for around the 600 mark. yh only having it for a year but it will be doing around 20 - 30 miles a day nearly every day. i dont know how you got yours for 380 :o thats the price of my insurance lol

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
Yeah, I think I was just lucky. Was on Gumtree for £450 but I offered £380 and he took it :)

I do 20 miles a day 5 days a week and a run about my area if its dry at week ends. As long as you keep it serviced well the milage cango on and on. Some folk on here running scooters with 20,000-30,000 km or even up to 50,000km with same engine. Im on 13,500 nearly, doing a full oil change tomorrow if it dry outside.

Theres a few Kymcos about out there so if your patient you will find a decent one at a decent price if you take your time. Dont pay the ad price anyway, just haggle, if seller wont move the price a bot go elsewhere.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

callumP

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 08:46:02 PM »
i have until 11th of july i have my cbt booked expecting to buy a knew bike. i got £700 when my motocross bike was stolen and i have a fair bit of money on hand plus birthday money from parents. its not worth buying new you loose £500 when you drive it out of the dealer ship

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()