Author Topic: slugish Agility 50  (Read 1147 times)

gunbuyer

• View Profile
slugish Agility 50
« on: June 02, 2011, 01:11:31 AM »
Hey guys.

I have read most of the post under this section and I havent found anything that covers my specific problem so here it goes.  I have a 2008 agility 50.  It has sat for about 2 years with about 600 km on it.  I have replaced the battery, changed the oil, new fuel filter and put in a new champion z9y sparkplug.  I checked the airfilter and it looks clean. It has an 80 jet in it and the cdi has been cut.

What is happening is once I get it going to what the speedometer says is 25-35 mph it looses all power and begins slowing down.  If i let off the throttle for long enough I can take off again.  If I dont get off the throttle soon enough it will die but starts right back up.

I am stumped.  Could the cut cdi be causing problems? 

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: slugish Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »
Maybe dirt in the carb or fuel system somewhere? You could try running a cleaner thro the fuel lines etc, loads of people on here seem to go on about seafoam a lot saying its good stuff.

Sounds strange. What happens if you dont drive full speed? Maybe try going slower a few runs just to see if it still happens or if its only when going full power?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:02:54 AM »
Also make sure the intake hose for the air filter isnt kinked or twisted cos if it is then enough air wont get into it.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 02:52:12 PM »
Gummed up carb most likely. Remove and carefully clean all jets and passages.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Encya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »
Hey guys.

I have read most of the post under this section and I havent found anything that covers my specific problem so here it goes.  I have a 2008 agility 50.  It has sat for about 2 years with about 600 km on it.  I have replaced the battery, changed the oil, new fuel filter and put in a new champion z9y sparkplug.  I checked the airfilter and it looks clean. It has an 80 jet in it and the cdi has been cut.

What is happening is once I get it going to what the speedometer says is 25-35 mph it looses all power and begins slowing down.  If i let off the throttle for long enough I can take off again.  If I dont get off the throttle soon enough it will die but starts right back up.

I am stumped.  Could the cut cdi be causing problems? 

New poster here.  But I having been researching this forum for a few months.  If I'm not mistaken shouldn't anything w/the CDI cut be running at least an 82 jet?

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:24 PM »
I dont think you need the #82 jet just by cutting the cdi. If you did the boss too then you defo would tho.

I saw the official Kymco sheet sent to dealers when I went to buy a new #82 jet after I derestricted my scoot. The guy just showed me what Kymco tell them to do, cut cdi, change boss, upjet to a 82. My dealer said they had a bad experience so dont do the cdi now, just the jet and boss.

I did my own derestrict inc the cdi and have had no probs at all.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

gunbuyer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 03:18:59 PM »
Well after going over the scooter again I took the new spark plug out.  It was toast.  The tip looked to be pretty burnt up on it.  I put the old plug in it and it runs fine. 
I do plan on putting an 82 jet in it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()