Author Topic: big build!!!some advice or tips would help  (Read 8463 times)

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
big build!!!some advice or tips would help
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:48:41 AM »
hi every one im new to having a zx ive had the cobra an loved it put a 70cc kit an pipe carb it ran great after some tweeks here an there . where do i start i bought the zx with a bad crank guessing thats because some one put a pipe on with out jeting un-restricting the cdi then holding it wide open all day every day lol. so i took the motor out pulled the top end of and the lower connecting rod bearing was shot so i split the cases an now im having slight trouble finding the crank bearings i should replace those when im in there any way who uses old bearings, then i figured lets pull some power out of it i ordered a 90cc ebay top end kit and a 28mm carb with different intake manifold. does anyone have any tips on re assembly. or anything at all any replay is greatly appreciated.  :)   

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: need help diagnosing people 150 lighting problem
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 03:09:02 AM »
On ebay motors, look for a honda dio stroker crank from autotech355, $110 + shipping, includes bearings and seals. I have just put one in my zx, wish I did on my first build.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
Re: big build!!!some advice or tips would help
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 03:44:45 AM »
Really was the stock crank that bad ? Because I jus bought a brand new stock crank

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: need help diagnosing people 150 lighting problem
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 04:29:54 AM »
No, nothing wrong with my stock crank, I just put the 44mm crank in for the extra little bit. Here in Australia we pay higher prices than overseas, when I looked at getting a new crank, the price was $300, + $60 for the two bearings, + $60 for the two seals. I had the engine open for some inlet tract work and wanted to use a new crank and bearings. Those prices were laughable, if not verging on criminal, so I reused the stock crank and bearings. Then I found the mini stroker crank, $110, I was wrong in my earlier post, that price included shipping. :)

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
Yea I read that thread about your crank troubles , so it's not a bad thing to go with the oem because I don't wanna garnade anything down there . Btw Sid do u think a 28 mm flat side is way to much for this little guy ? It's my biggest build ever an I'm kinda nerves ahaha not gunna lie.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
Do I want the 44.4mm ? Or the 52.6 and the 52.6 doesn't have the splines for the oil pump . If I go with the 44.4 witch I most likely am do I need to run a base plate ?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »
I am running the 44mm crank and it bolted straight up. I had an issue with the piston skirts touching the crank, but that was due to the piston, a little trimming was all that was needed. For the 52mm crank you have to machine the cases to make it fit and use at least a 50mm cyl. kit.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:30 PM »
U think I'll run into problems with the techniegas r pipe I know the say there good with 50cc but will I be ok with the 82cc kit an 28mm carb

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 11:49:42 PM »
I can't really answer that because I have never had a Technigas pipe, but you should remember that pipes are designed for a range of sizes. I think with these scoots they work on one size for 50cc to 70cc, then from 80cc to 100cc. Hopefully, someone with more knowlege wil reply.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 02:37:27 AM »
Ok thanks for all your help Sid I hope the build goes good by the way do u still have your oil pum connected to put oil in the motor or do u mix it all in the tank if so how did u hook up your feed line an where that's my biggest question!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 03:44:42 AM »
I disconnected my oil pump and premix now, 40:1. I have been thinking about going back to the oil injection, but still procrastinating.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »
By disconnect it u mean jus in do the lines that go to it ?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 09:59:48 PM »
Unhook the hoses and make sure you plug them air tight, I also removed the spindlefrom the pump so that it won't get damaged from running dry. There is a plug you can get to replace the pump, Shaka gave me a link to it, I will see if I can find it when I get back on to the computer.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 08:00:42 PM »
Ok and all my parts came in the mail I think there's a nipple on the carb that will allow for the oil pump line like there's a bowl over flow line then there's the vent on the side of the carb then there's an open brass nipple on the intake manifold side of the carb and so I know it's not a vent because it would lean the heck out of the Motor if it was left unhooked so I'm guessing I'll be runing the oil pump I hope I get my oil mixture correct does anyone know how much the pump is capable of pushing out oil like 24 to 1 or 40 to 1

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()