Author Topic: big build!!!some advice or tips would help  (Read 8469 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: big build!!!some advice or tips would help
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
That would be the vacuum port for the fuel tap. I think the pump mixes at 40:1.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:05:43 PM by sidthesloth »
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 03:25:16 PM »
No the manifold has the vacume nipple on it why would there be two vacuums ?

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »
I mean it could be possiable but if it was where would the pump push oil into ?

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
And btw Sid I can't thank u enough for all your help on this

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
The manifold nipple would be the vacuum and the carb one would be the oil one. What carb did you get?

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 01:45:26 AM »
28mm oko and Honda dio manifold Plus the throtle cable and air filter it was a package deal on ebay

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »
I got the 24mm OKO kit, good value in my opinion. Running a carb that large I would run premix, You should find a plug in the box to plug one of the nipple holes. I don't know if your pump would flow enough oil for that size carb, it was originally designed for a 14mm carb. If you do use the pump, it would be a good idea to also add some oil to the tank as well to be safe.
When you put your cyl. kit on, have a look at the base gasket on the crankcase, you will see a lot of room for improvement in the transfer ports, but especially in the boost port. I have a thread in this section where I did that with mine.

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »
Yea your right about the oil hmm I kinda do want to run it still and jus mix in the tank as well but I have a very big feeling that I will have a very hard time tuning the motor because the oil wouldn't be mixing in with the gas . Or an I incorrect ? Because that one of my concerns . Also I read alot about hour thread as I'm going to be needing to do the same but do u have a pic of how u shaved down your piston skirt for the 44.4 mm crank or was that olny on the 47 mm cylinder kit u had to do that I have a 50mm kit

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
G'day mate,  my concern with using the oil pump would be whether the engine would get enough oil.
Did you get your kit from autotech355? If so, the piston should be ok, I ran mine with no problem, it was the 47mm piston that I had to trim the skirts, this was a cheap chinese kit, having said that, it goes pretty well.
To trim the skirts, I just cut the corners off with a hacksaw and then filed the edges smooth, I don't have a pic of the trim, but I will try to include a pic of the piston, but lately i can't seem to upload pics.

In my thread ZX50 Build,,,Again!!! there is a pic titled clearance check 2, if you have a look at that one you can see where the skirt would hit the crank weight, the corner you see is what I cut off, I didn't get at all technical with it, just measured up 10mm and along the bottom 10mm drew a line and cut, did the same on all four corners.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:21:48 AM by sidthesloth »

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
I'm not sure if I go it from him I have the link up in one of my earlier posts . And ok that doesn't sound like it's to far in-depth witch is good ! Man this build is alota work an even when it's done I get to spend countless house tuning the carb yay!^_^ haha it's all worth it that's what I have to tell my self !

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »
Yep, same fellow, Carlos is the one who sold me my kit. He also fronts autotech355. I had a lot of hassle with my original kit, the ports were half closed with the piston at b.d.c. Carlos said I must use 300ml of oil to 1,000 ml of petrol. I ended up having to cut a spacer to raise the jug, then shave 2.7mm off the top, just to get the timing somewhere around right. I now think that if I got the 44mm crank to start with I would have had a lot less trouble.
Once you start getting into this, it is a lot of fun. I had more fun when I had the engine out doing the crankcase work and putting it back together than I do riding it.:)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »
Yep, same fellow, Carlos is the one who sold me my kit. He also fronts autotech355. I had a lot of hassle with my original kit, the ports were half closed with the piston at b.d.c. Carlos said I must use 300ml of oil to 1,000 ml of petrol. I ended up having to cut a spacer to raise the jug, then shave 2.7mm off the top, just to get the timing somewhere around right. I now think that if I got the 44mm crank to start with I would have had a lot less trouble.
Once you start getting into this, it is a lot of fun. I had more fun when I had the engine out doing the crankcase work and putting it back together than I do riding it.:)

IDK about that sid.. I came close to beatind/throwing mine in the yard a cpl times....lmao... Riding is pretty dam fun now tho....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Pattyboi33

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43:57 PM »
What's up everyone I bought the 44mm crank today I guess it's rly a 43.2 but o well it's still stroker so I'm glad an now I get to wait for it to come in . Did any one switch to studs insted of using the stock bolts for the jug and head ?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »
When it turns up you will see it is 44mm. I didn't use studs, I used recoil inserts.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 01:02:14 AM »
I just bought new bolts.. I have seen other ppl use studs on scoots tho
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()