Author Topic: Stalling  (Read 797 times)

Dale Genther

• View Profile
Stalling
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:47:21 PM »
My 2006 Agility 50 starts immediately when I hit the start button and runs just fine at first. When I drive down the street it stalls at every stop sign for a couple of miles. Then it runs just fine. It is acting as if the electric choke was cutting off before the scooter engine is really warm. It has a new carb. on it with a new choke. To test the new choke I switched the electric choke unit from another scooter that I know is good and it makes no difference. So it is not the carb. or choke. I don't know how it ran before I replaced the carb. as it didn't run at all when I got it.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Stalling
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »
Check you idle is set correctly? Set it on main stand and start it up, let it run for 5mins then turn up the idle screw till the back wheel start spinning slowly on the stand, turn it back a little, slowly, till rear wheel stops spinning, thats the idle set.

I always turn my bike on and let it idle in the morn, then go inside and get my bag ready, put on my jacket and helmet, gloves etc, by then its warmed up and ready to go. If I just start it up and jump on it then it can stall at lights if its cold sometimes. Let it warmup and the choke goes off before you ride, try that?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »
Also check you fuel filter and air filter are clean and air intake hose isnt kinked. Also could be you fuel system or carb has dirt in it so you may need to clean out the system if allelse fails.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »
the elec. choke is only for when you frist start your scoot then when scoot is worm it shuts off.mine stoped working on me for a while and I put the old scool push ball on my gas line and it worked just fine.a few good pushes and I was off.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()