Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 3322 times)

rsavb

• View Profile
Newbie Question
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »
Hello new to this forum, and new to Kymco as well.  I will be purchasing my first scoot, a Like 50 2t in a few days.  I live pretty far from the dealer and prefer not to ride it home.  Does anyone know if the Like will fit into the back of a chrysler town & country minivan?  I know I have seen pics of a metro or vino transported in this manner, of course they are smaller scoots.  Also, the Like badge on the rear panels, are the on there by adhesive.  I'm really looking forward to getting this new ride! 

thanks 

ts1

• View Profile
Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »
Welcome!

Like 50 length 1915 / width 690 / height 1115 mm.
But I know knothing about this car.

rsavb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 04:54:38 PM »
Thanks ts1, according to my measurements it will fit so my problems are solved!!  Can't wait to get it home.  Not too much on the Like 50 threads on here, I guess it's not as popular as the People or Agility. 

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
Just make sure you keep it upright, do not lie it down on its side. I did this when I 1st got my scoot to change the exhaust, petrol came out the fuel cap and I flooded my engine too, was a nightmare to start it up, took ages jump starting it off my car.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »
Just make sure you keep it upright, do not lie it down on its side. I did this when I 1st got my scoot to change the exhaust, petrol came out the fuel cap and I flooded my engine too, was a nightmare to start it up, took ages jump starting it off my car.

Like he said its better to bring the scoot home up right. unless you plane on draining all the oil and gas
we have a chevy tracker they are small trucks and we put a small scoot in it befor and the oil leaked out
and ounce home I had to let the scoot sit for a while befor starting.

rsavb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 02:37:50 AM »
It should fit upright and the length is such that I will be able to close the rear door, I think.

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
I got lucky. Dealer delivered my new Agility 125 from 35 miles away for $20. Sales manager lives in my area and dropped it off on his way one Saturday evening. Did you ask your dealer about a delivery? Once you factor in the gas you'll burn and removing the liability on you during transport it may be worth it if they can accommodate you.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:31:21 PM by Red Horn »

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 03:39:58 PM »
I had my dealer deliver also.  They charged me $120 for about a 150 mile delivery so not too bad and saved me the trouble since I do not have a truck or van.  Also, he was right there in my yard to show me all the things I needed to know about the scooter and we both rode it around the yard a few times. 

If you transport it yourself in the van use cinch down straps to hold it really firmly in place. Maybe get the dealer to help load it and cinch it down. 

rsavb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
Hey I got the Like 50 to fit into my minivan with top box attached.  Got a great deal on the scoot:  2010 Like 50 2t with 225 miles for under 1200 dollars.  This is my first time riding a scooter and it is quicker than I thought it was going to be.  I haven't decided if I'm going to mod anything soon, but probably will eventually when I get bored.     

GatezUK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
Hey, know nothing about this car, or ride to be honest lol, just wanted to say that I hope you enjoy it when you get it.. Try post up some pics if you can.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »
Glad your happy, seems a good deal too. I live in the UK and converting the price to £'s its well cheap to our prices.

If your happy with it then dont touch it, just enjoy the ride  :D Give it 3 month and the mod/tuning bug might start to entice you over to the dark side  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »
Glad your happy, seems a good deal too. I live in the UK and converting the price to £'s its well cheap to our prices.

If your happy with it then dont touch it, just enjoy the ride  :D Give it 3 month and the mod/tuning bug might start to entice you over to the dark side  ;D

3 months my ass.......ROFLMAO
I think i was ready within a week....lol
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
Lol batman, I know, I was just being generous there. Think I managed to hold out for 3-4 weeks :D

We dont want to scare all the new members off with talk of 50+ mph  ;D

Give it 2-4 weeks and we'll see a post " More speed needed - urgent" lol.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 11:35:53 PM »
 :D :D :D :D
I know that's right.... sh**, i NEVER looked back... ;)
My name is Larry and I'm an addict...... :P ::)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 12:28:25 AM »
I only did it because I had to....promise....it was hard to start, had to fix it. Funny thing is, the last mod was the one that fixed it, the CDI. :D
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()