Author Topic: Suspension upgrade options  (Read 1962 times)

Neoviper

• View Profile
Suspension upgrade options
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:26:32 PM »
Hey all, I'm new to the community. I was wondering what suspension upgrades are available for the super 8 50cc. I've searched all over google and can't find anything. Is it because the super 8 is a dual shock suspension in the rear? What upgrades are you guys using?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Suspension upgrade options
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:29:59 AM »
I didnt think we 50cc owners would need suspension upgrades since we dont go fast enough? :D

Surely it would just be cosmetic upgrades and not make much difference if any to handling, unless your scoot is major tuned? Maybe someone else can offer advice if it is worth looking at?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Neoviper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
I do plan on aggressively tuning my scoot. The speeds I plan on achieving should merrit a suspension upgrade. But even if it doesn't, the cosmetic appeal is more than worth it to me. 8)

I found a racing suspension for the 150cc super 8. How similar is the 150's frame to the 50's? Do you think it would fit?

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
I have no idea, I have an agility 50. I needed info so I emailedd Kymco thro their website and got a response next day I think with the info I wanted so maybe you could email and ask them if the frame size is the same or it would fit?

Sure it was under the contact us section and it had a seperate contact for sales or tech advice. Worth a try.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
It certainly seems like the frame sizes would be the same. 
In fact, it seems like the forks and shocks would be the same as well.
Suspension is always a good thing to upgrade on any bike if you can afford it.

super 8 nate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
the suspension is so much better then any other scooters out there cause its not just one shock. But if you really want to spend the money you can upgrade to these http://monstergy6.com/product_shocks.htm. These say they are for 150ccs but like other people are saying they bodys are exactly the same on the 50 and 150 super 8s.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05:41 AM »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()