Author Topic: Kymco Pulsar Luxe 125, Petrol Cap Problems  (Read 2002 times)

lukasmaximus89

• View Profile
Kymco Pulsar Luxe 125, Petrol Cap Problems
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:58:55 AM »
Hi there,
Im new here. I noticed there didnt seem to be any specific board for discussion of my specific bike model. So im hoping it goes here.

Basically all of a sudden i couldnt open my petrol locking cap. tried a few things but no luck
I then left it in the handsof my dad, who managed to get it out but sadly not in one piece.

So therefore now im looking for a replacement. Tried quite a few dealers round my area           (Lancashire, U.K) but ive not had alot of sucess so far. The usual response is ive got to buy the full locking kit from kymco, which ranges from about £75-£100 which imo is a bit on the expensive side.

I did ring up a dealer in Leeds which gave me the price of £26.42, which now seems pretty decent considering the circumstances.

But before i go ahead and buy it just thought id check here if anyone knows where i can get a cheaper replacement or knows of another brand of petrol locking cap which will do the job

Thanks in advance

marioG

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Pulsar Luxe 125, Petrol Cap Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 06:44:40 PM »
picture pl
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »
Hi lukasmaximus, welcome to the forum, you may find it more helpful posting in the motorcycle forum, i had a quick look for petrol caps, and there are plenty for cars, you can even get a tank for your bike for £30! I think the £26 cap is the one to get, Leeds is a bit of a trek though. Strange, i was born in Lancashire, but now live in Greater Manchester, and i never moved!

lukasmaximus89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »
Cheers for the replys guys. Ive had a good check round today and that £26 seems best bet. allthough im a bit strapped for cash at the moment so im probably just gonna go for a non locking generic suction one from halfords. Ill probably be getting rid of the kymco soon as im after going for full bike licence soon and ive had a few problems with it.

Im from Nelson actually the armpit of lancashire i dont blame you for moving away and ill be doing the same as soon as i get more mobile.

Cheers

p.s whered you get the price for the tank

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »
Why not try ebay? Or maybe you already did?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()