Author Topic: clutch springs  (Read 3815 times)

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
Re: clutch springs
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 01:48:28 AM »
definitely love it when a plan wors out correctly i love the jump the leo vince yellow flys gave me i'm still experimenting with weight and belt size but it seems to rev higher and stronger even uphill
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 07:42:56 AM »
What are the yellow leo vince flys rated at 1500rpm? Thats what I plan to try out anyway 1st.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 03:30:07 PM »
i think it may be more near 2000, they're rated by percentage i think +100% or something meaning double the original springs? i'm not sure.. but they're much stiffer than my stock springs which were red.. yet another of kymco's random red parts throughout the scoot lol. I actually gained a smoother yet faster jump from my springs plus it does quite nicely when turning on side roads because the pads will disengage then when i throttle it she grabs hard and scoots on up to speed beautifully
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 04:30:30 PM »
I wasnt too sure if I was going to bother doing my fly springs but you sold the idea to me. Probably do it this weekend if its dry outside.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:19 AM »
i'd definitely say go for it it's not an extremely hard thing to do i actually popped my clutch pads off of the clutch body replaced the springs then popped them back on don't lose those jesus clips though (my family's word for E clips because of the way we say jesus nice and loud when they decide to go flying across the barn lol ;D ) i think you will enjoy the change it makes my scoot feel a more powerful off the line but not jumpy in the least. you can always switch them back also so i'd definitely vote go for it  :D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 08:25:39 AM »
Again it is trial and error, I tried 1,500 first then went to 2,000, to me that is good, revs up a little but no jerk at takeoff.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
Will def get some fly springs fitted once I repair the damage from my little slip up his morning, prob try 1500 ones on 1st I think.

Need a comlpete new footplate panel 1st, only smashed at the rear toot rest but it all comes as one panel on the Agility unfortunately. Every panel except the one I need on ebay, typical.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

hungryrussian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 03:04:31 AM »
i feel your pain.. my first spill still haunts me i've been searching everywhere for the turn signal mounting plastic it's not even on kymco's parts website.. i also have a nice hole in my right footrest a missing end-weight a bent brake lever and quite a few nice scratches on the bike but cosmetics aren't exactly what i'm worried about right now everything is functional at the moment glad you're ok though i know how bad it hurts to come off even at 20-30mph hence my reasoning on wearing a full-face helmet and motorcycle gloves with knuckle guards

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »
Cheers H.R, I managed to get the panels need yesterday off ebay for £36 delivered so am happy with that, get it fixed up soon, once my hand and knee heals up so I can do it ok. Cant kneel down yet and fractured bone in hand :'(

Every scooter I know has had their brake levers bent at some point, lmao, the factory should just pre bend them on all new scooters :) I managed to straighten mine out using large pipe grips and a shifting spanner, not too bad now, can hardly noticed it. Do it slow tho or the ends can snap off.

We will be back to full working order very soon, still riding now, just need to remember to put my left leg down when I stop for a while.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()